2D Convolution FORTRAN

2D Convolution FORTRAN

Hey guys,
I am trying to use Vector Statistic Library but I am having some problems. I want to use the vslsconvnewtask function but I am getting an error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol_VSLSCONVNEWTASK referenced in function ...

My FORTRAN program is written in free form source. I tried adding the Intel\MKL\10.0.011\include folder to the Additional Include Directories in the Project Properties -> Fortran -> General and adding the line INCLUDE 'mkl_vsl.fi' to my module.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

If you aren't using the current integrated ifort/mkl installation, you must also add the appropriate MKL libraries to your project. You need to know whether you are using ifort 32- or 64-bit versions in order to choose the correct ones; and you will need the MKL docs.

Tim,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the ifort 32 bit version and have all of the MKL docs. Can you tell me which MKL libraries I need to add to the project and how I would do that? I'm guessing the libraries are located in either ia32bin or lib?

Thanks,
Bob

Quoting - Bob Fratantonio
I am using the ifort 32 bit version and have all of the MKL docs. Can you tell me which MKL libraries I need to add to the project and how I would do that? I'm guessing the libraries are located in either ia32bin or lib?

Yes, your libraries would appear in mkl ia32lib installation. As I'm not a VSL user, and haven't used the 32-bit Windows MKL since my last posts on the subject, I hate to give advice which might conflict with the docs. The standard MKL libraries would be mkl_c_dll, mkl_core_dll, and mkl_sequential_dll (if you don't want MKL to start new threads). You also have the choice of static libraries (without the _dll), or mkl_thread in place of mkl_sequential, in which case I would recommend using the ifort options to choose the OpenMP library.

Try this:

(1) go to Project->Properties->Linker->Additional dependencies and set:

mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib

(2) add INCLUDE 'mkl_vsl.fi' to your code.

I assume that is added to your VS(?)/environment as in Release notes, if not go to: Project->Properties->Linker->General and set in additional library directories.

A.

Thanks A.

That was exactly what I needed.

Login to leave a comment.