car with hi-res triangle strip track

car with hi-res triangle strip track

hello,

first sorry for my broken english T_T

i use havok to create a small race game, but i have a problem :

i set up my car with "CarDemo" settings and i create my track with a triangle strip like this (from above) :

and my car has stranges movements, like there are a lot of holes and bumps on the track.

my track is the problem? or there are some settings for the car i must had?

thanks

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

stardeath,

Are you doing this in the demo framework? If not, can you adapt our "CarDemo" to use your track. This will isolate your track so you can tell if that is the problem.

Also, if you are not using our demo framework, how are you implementing your stepping scheme? Are you stepping the world asynchronously?

Quoting - havok.yoav
stardeath,

Are you doing this in the demo framework? If not, can you adapt our "CarDemo" to use your track. This will isolate your track so you can tell if that is the problem.

Also, if you are not using our demo framework, how are you implementing your stepping scheme? Are you stepping the world asynchronously?

thanks for your answer, and no, i don't use the demo framework.
i adapt the "CarDemo" to use my track, it seems that there is no problem, i will test this thoroughly.

i use hkAsynchronousTimestepper::stepAsynchronously to step my world, i configure havok to be single-thread.

thanks

The instability which you are observing is likely caused by stepping the world asynchronously. I recommend reading the Stepping the simulation correctly thread.

ok thanks, i read the thread, i'll post later my results ^^

it works now =)

i step my world synchronously and i forget to set up setupSolverInfo() (SOLVER_TYPE_4ITERS_MEDIUM in my case), thanks for your answer

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today