a newbie of MKL.

a newbie of MKL.

Hi

I am a newbie of MKL.

I also have IMSL.

Could I ask why one needs to use MKL if having IMSL? What's the advantage of MKL?

Sometimes, I feel the arguments of subroutine or function are so many that I need to take a lot of time to read the document.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - Mike896

Could I ask why one needs to use MKL if having IMSL? What's the advantage of MKL?

Sometimes, I feel the arguments of subroutine or function are so many that I need to take a lot of time to read the document.

If you bought the ifort package including IMSL, you might ask this question on the corresponding Fortran forum. I believe, in that package,IMSL would use MKL in place of its own functions, where there is duplication, as MKLis more highly optimized. Beyond that, each has capabilities not duplicated by the other.

For sure, you could never guess how to use any of them without the docs.

I haven't required IMSL for many years; although it supports a greater variety of older platforms than MKL, it does so at high cost. I suspect it is most popular for supporting applicatons which already use it, rather than for new development.

Quoting - Mike896

Hi

I am a newbie of MKL.

I also have IMSL.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

First of all I can say, thatMKL routines showes Outstanding Performance on Intel Platforms:

and the biggest part of MKL routines provides are automaticallymulti-threadingfor takingadvantage of multi-core(many-core systems).
Outstanding performance on Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Xeon, Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Itanium 2includingthe latest Intel Core i7 processors ( Nehalem)

-- Gennady

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today