Where is the code for updating graphics in the demoFramework?

Where is the code for updating graphics in the demoFramework?

gonx's picture

Hi,

Would anyone know where the demoFramework's actual graphics routine is ? Mesh display, etc?

Thanks.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
sean.thurston's picture

Hi gonx,

The demo framework uses the hkg libraries. The source for hkg is not available through tryHavok. We have graphics code for both directX and openGL.

Is there anything in specific that you are looking to see? The Havok rendering system is pretty much designed to be used with our demos and is not meant to be used for games.

Thanks,
Sean

Developer Support Engineer Havok www.havok.com
gonx's picture

Quoting - sean.thurston

Hi gonx,

The demo framework uses the hkg libraries. The source for hkg is not available through tryHavok. We have graphics code for both directX and openGL.

Is there anything in specific that you are looking to see? The Havok rendering system is pretty much designed to be used with our demos and is not meant to be used for games.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping to see how the framework updates the mesh during each step. I originally downloaded tryhavok 5.5 and couldnt find samples on how to do this one in OpenGL.

Regards.

gonx

hi, have you found a solution to solve the rendering problem in your own framework ?

gonx's picture

Quoting - whugang

hi, have you found a solution to solve the rendering problem in your own framework ?

Hi whugang,

Not yet =) but i'm currently looking at the smoke framework that's in http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/smoke-game-technology-demo that's also using havok.

Thanks.

hi gonx,

I have been learning the Havok for my project on fracture objects, after tested some demo, I found some

useful tips, but I have to render the result of my own using OpenGL or some other like Directx.

Failed......

Then I tried to learn PhysX, I found it was not a easy one, the demos was not so friendly. Broken object demos

was not so useful as to Havok.

Maybe I will still insist on Havok.

Till now, have you got a solution on rendering the Havok results?

Login to leave a comment.