Visual Basic.NET

Visual Basic.NET

We are in the process of converting a large construction software system (accounting, job management, payroll, purchasing, etc.) from Visual Basic 6.0 to Visual Basic.NET. The project uses ADO.NET and SQL Server and consists of several hundred thousand lines of code. Are there any Intel products/technologies that can help us in our quest to upgrade and improve our product?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - brossr

We are in the process of converting a large construction software system (accounting, job management, payroll, purchasing, etc.) from Visual Basic 6.0 to Visual Basic.NET. The project uses ADO.NET and SQL Server and consists of several hundred thousand lines of code. Are there any Intel products/technologies that can help us in our quest to upgrade and improve our product?

Have you tried Microsoft's Visual Basic Development Center, forumor Visual Basic team blog?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/default.aspx

Hey, I think you won't find too much information about Visual Basic .Net in this community.

However, I know there are some commercial products that allow you to convert VB 6 code to C# .Net with little effort. They are not too expensive. I think they can help you. I don't remember their names but you can find them without great effort. As you are using ADO, automatic conversion provided by newer Visual Basic versions won't work 100%.

Cheers,

Gastn

Gastón C. Hillar

Quoting - brossr

We just joined the Intel Business Exchange and noticed your inquiry from last November. We have a VB6-to-.NET migration tool, named Great Migrations Studio, that could be of assistance in your migration/upgrade project. If still interested, check us out (www.greatmigrations.com, gjuras@greatmigrations.com).

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today