RFID Example always take the default ID "E05631Ac56BD0000"

RFID Example always take the default ID "E05631Ac56BD0000"

Hello,

I had installed MCA SDK v 1.11 on my developer pc and the MCA Platform driver 1.1.0.xxxxx installed on the tablet pc. When i proof to run the rfid example applicattion, it always sends the same id "E05631Ac56BD0000" that i think is a default id from the SDK and not and id of any tag...

I see in a forum time ago was a post like that and was saying to install the same version of SDK (in the developer machine) and Drivers (in tablet). I search the SDK v 1.1 and dont find it, there are only v2.0 and v1.11...

I cant reinstall the drivers on the tablet pc because isnt mine and there are some applicattions inside that maybe runs with the existing drivers...

what can i do? are the sdk v 1.1 available?? why i see always the same id: E05631Ac56BD0000 ??

thanks

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi serzarat,

If you are seeing the RFID reader display "E05631Ac56BD0000", it means it is running in loopback mode. If this is occurring on the MCA tablet, it usually indicates that someone has installed the MCA SDK software onto the MCA tablet. When this occurs, the MCA platform driver configuration file is overwritten by the MCA SDK configuration file. You can verify this by opening the MCA configuration file on the MCA tablet (C:Program FilesIntelMCABinIntelHealthcare.cfg) and searching for the text "E05631Ac56BD0000" in the configuration file.

The way to recover from this is to uninstall all the MCA software on the MCA tablet (Control PanelAdd and Remove Programs), and then reinstall the MCA platform driver for the MCA tablet you have. You did not mention which MCA tablet you have, but you will need to go to the MCA tablet manufacturer to get the MCA platform driver from them.

The MCA SDK is available at the link below, but that will notsolve the problem for you. You will need to get the MCA platform driver for your tablet manufacturer to reinstall on the system.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=All&strTypes=All&ProductID=2854&lang=eng&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems

Thanks,

Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Thanks for the help,

I go to search for the text "E0563..::" in this file (C:/Program Files...:) and dont find it. The file exists (and probably means someone has installed first the SDK on the tablet, but the text isnt in this file...

Means this that the SDK is installed on the tablet??? or means that is a different problem??

Thanks,

Sergio

Hi serzarat,

If you are seeing the RFID reader display "E05631Ac56BD0000", it means it is running in loopback mode. If this is occurring on the MCA tablet, it usually indicates that someone has installed the MCA SDK software onto the MCA tablet. When this occurs, the MCA platform driver configuration file is overwritten by the MCA SDK configuration file. You can verify this by opening the MCA configuration file on the MCA tablet (C:Program FilesIntelMCABinIntelHealthcare.cfg) and searching for the text "E05631Ac56BD0000" in the configuration file.

The way to recover from this is to uninstall all the MCA software on the MCA tablet (Control PanelAdd and Remove Programs), and then reinstall the MCA platform driver for the MCA tablet you have. You did not mention which MCA tablet you have, but you will need to go to the MCA tablet manufacturer to get the MCA platform driver from them.

The MCA SDK is available at the link below, but that will notsolve the problem for you. You will need to get the MCA platform driver for your tablet manufacturer to reinstall on the system.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=All&strTypes=All&ProductID=2854&lang=eng&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry about my english...

I realaised that the folder were i have my project has an intelhealthcare.cfg (the cfg of the sdk), and probably that was the problem because of the default id (i see on this file there was the text "E056..:::"). I dont know how the applicattion takes the cfg, ive proof two methods:

1- Delete this cfg ( i think by default the app takes the cfg in c:/program files/intel/mca/bin/...cfg). Result: The RFID module dont start (i dont ear the "pin" sound) and the application takes an error.

2- Copy the cfg (c:/program files/intel/mca/bin...) on the folder were i ve the application. Result: the same result...

The answer now are two:

1 - Have i to configure my application on .net to set were the cfg is??

2- Have i to modify some parameters of the cfg to make the application run?

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The code of the RFID reader function: (the same of the example;)

string id_tag = "";
RfidReader objReader = new RfidReader();
ASCIIEncoding encode = new ASCIIEncoding();
RfidTag selectedTag = null;
Buttons btn;

try
{
//Starts scanning for tags.
// ReserveDevice() is optional since it is called in StartScan().
objReader.StartScan();

//The Rfid reader waits up to 5 seconds to scan tag(s).
objReader.WaitForTag(5000);

//Add each tag to the ComboBox.
foreach (RfidTag tag in objReader.RfidTags)
{
id_tag = tag.Id;
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Console.Write("ERRORE DI LETTURA TAG");
}

//Disable Start and Enable Stop button

return id_tag;

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seems that objReader.StartScan(); never start!

Thanks,

Sergio

Best Reply

Hi Sergio,

It sounds like you had both the MCA SDK and MCA Platform Driver installed on the same system. That will cause you a lot of problems and the only real way to fix this is to uninstall all of the MCA software installed on the system, and then reinstall only the MCA Platform Driver.

To uninstall all the MCA software on the MCA tablet go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, and then remove any instance of the IntelMCA software, then reboot the system.

If you are using a Motion C5, you can download the MCA Platform Driver from Motion Computing at the URL below. They call it the Medical Clinical Assistant software on their web site. It looks like the latest version they have on their web site is v1.11. However, I believe if you contact Motion Computing they can provide you v2.0 of the MCA platform driver as it has been available to other developers who have requested it.

http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/driver_download.asp

If you have some other MCA tablet, then you will need to contact the manufacturer of your tabletto get the MCA Platform Driver.

Thanks,

Steve

Quoting - Steven Murray (Intel)

Hi Sergio,
It sounds like you had both the MCA SDK and MCA Platform Driver installed on the same system. That will cause you a lot of problems and the only real way to fix this is to uninstall all of the MCA software installed on the system, and then reinstall only the MCA Platform Driver.

To uninstall all the MCA software on the MCA tablet go to Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, and then remove any instance of the IntelMCA software, then reboot the system.
If you are using a Motion C5, you can download the MCA Platform Driver from Motion Computing at the URL below. They call it the Medical Clinical Assistant software on their web site. It looks like the latest version they have on their web site is v1.11. However, I believe if you contact Motion Computing they can provide you v2.0 of the MCA platform driver as it has been available to other developers who have requested it.

http://www.motioncomputing.com/support/driver_download.asp

If you have some other MCA tablet, then you will need to contact the manufacturer of your tabletto get the MCA Platform Driver.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks, i'll prove it!

bye

Sergio

Quoting - serzarat

Thanks, i'll prove it!

bye

Sergio

Hello,

I cant make the proof because there are more applications running on the tablet pc and i think seeing all these post of the diverse sdk and drivers, that perhaps these applications wants the drivers installed on the motion c5 and i think if i install the new drivers perhaps these applications cannot run...

Id like to know if there is a risk on installing these drivers, a risk for the applications i know. If there is a risk, there is a method??

Now i see a very strange think...the example program with the .cfg of the sdk, when i run it on the tablet, it seems cans to comunicate with the reader because it makes the sound of the rfid button activation...but the id is the id of the loopback.

When i prove it with the cfg of the drivers it makes an error and dont activate anything.

Im sure the best thing is to reinstall all like you say but, there is a way to modify the cfg and make it runs?? or something similar??

Sorry about so much questions but ive the problem and the fear of reinstall all the drivers, thinking that the tablet isnt mine and there are so much applicattions running on these tablet.

Thanks,

Hi Sergio,

Unfortunately there is no manual way to repair the configuration when both the MCA SDK and MCA PD have been installed on the same system. If our developers had the system in hand, they could probably go through it manually to fix/check each item one at a time, but even that would take a few hours. The best way for you to recover is what I noted previously - uninstall all of the MCA software on the system, reboot, and then reinstall the MCA platform driver.

Thanks,

Steve

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today