Plane to Slope collision ( bug ?)

Plane to Slope collision ( bug ?)

Hello,

here's my problem, when my character rigid body come from a horizontal surface to a slope, there a strange collision plane that appear vertically ( as you can see on the picture ).

My question is it possible and how to solve that properly

best regards

Hades

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi hadesfury,

It looks like you are colliding your hkpCharacterRigidBody against a mesh shape of some kind, probably an hkpExtendedMeshShape, maybe wrapped in a Mopp. Do you have welding enabled? What is happening here is that the character rigid body is picking up a contact point with the edge of the triangle that is forming the beginning of the slope.

You should be able to turn on welding when you are exporting your mesh shape from the modeller. Just make sure that you use the correct triangle winding.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sean

Developer Support Engineer
Havok
www.havok.com

Quoting - sean.thurston

Hi hadesfury,

It looks like you are colliding your hkpCharacterRigidBody against a mesh shape of some kind, probably an hkpExtendedMeshShape, maybe wrapped in a Mopp. Do you have welding enabled? What is happening here is that the character rigid body is picking up a contact point with the edge of the triangle that is forming the beginning of the slope.

You should be able to turn on welding when you are exporting your mesh shape from the modeller. Just make sure that you use the correct triangle winding.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sean

Hello,

our problem seem to be fixed, welding was already enabled

But we need to select "No Welding Info" into the 'Landscape Welding Info' dropdownList instead of counter clockwise/clockwise winding

thank again

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today