Is Location Technologies Software Development Kit 1.0 (LTSDK) for Personal use only

Is Location Technologies Software Development Kit 1.0 (LTSDK) for Personal use only

It seems that the SDK is for personal usage where you can install the SDK on a laptop and provision map, APs, fingerprints, and then get current location via API. It is not for enterprise to tracking assets.

I am not see API where I can query location of a given objects, which can be identified by, say a MAC address of mobile device or tag. Please provide me samples if there is one.

Could you provide me some comparison of your locaiton engine and SDK to Cisco's location appliance, in term of network infrastructure setting, functionalities, etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Harry Ni
Mobile Matrix Inc.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi All,

I started this thread with question of how to use LTDSK in the an enterprise environment. One week has gone by, no response, no comment.

Perhaps I did not put my question right. So here I am try it again. Hope some body can response to it.

User case 1: A search lab has a lot laptop PC with WIFI enabled. the lab wants to know where is a particular laptop, and since when. If a laptop left the lab, the lab want to have a warning message immediately. Is the LTSDK able to support such user case? if it can, can somebody outline a solution with LTSDK?

User case 2: A hospital has a lot medical equipments which are tagged by wifi tags. The hospital wants to have the capability to query where is a particular equipment, and since when. The question here is that can LTSDK handle WIFI tags? If it can, can somebody provide a guide and samples?

Hi hni,
Thank you for showing interest in the Intel location technologies.
As for case 1 you describe below, it is certainly a valid use case, and can be built on top of LTSDK which provides the layer that calculates the actual location. To complete and implement such use case, you'll have to implement an application that uses LTSDK and reports the location or an alert back to the lab.
As for case 2, LTSDK does not provide such infrastructure. LTSDK is a client side location calculation engine, that runs on mobile devices such as laptops or MID devices. Calculating location of "passive" tags is not in the scope of LTSDK.
Hope I answered your questions,
Boaz Tamir.
Software and Services Group, Intel.

Quoting - hni

Hi All,

I started this thread with question of how to use LTDSK in the an enterprise environment. One week has gone by, no response, no comment.

Perhaps I did not put my question right. So here I am try it again. Hope some body can response to it.

User case 1: A search lab has a lot laptop PC with WIFI enabled. the lab wants to know where is a particular laptop, and since when. If a laptop left the lab, the lab want to have a warning message immediately. Is the LTSDK able to support such user case? if it can, can somebody outline a solution with LTSDK?

User case 2: A hospital has a lot medical equipments which are tagged by wifi tags. The hospital wants to have the capability to query where is a particular equipment, and since when. The question here is that can LTSDK handle WIFI tags? If it can, can somebody provide a guide and samples?

Login to leave a comment.