can i use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

can i use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

bradford789's picture

Hi my name is john and i am very new to intel software

i just downloaded the HavokContentTools_PcXs_6_0_0_20080925 and all i have is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition can i use that the software plugins or not im not sure what i can use and what i cant.

I use blender and gmax and i haveirrlicht-1.4.2 but the tutorials on it are out dated and i cant get it to work so i gave up on that.

any help would be great thank you in advance for your help and comments

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
benny53's picture
Quoting - bradford789

Hi my name is john and i am very new to intel software

i just downloaded the HavokContentTools_PcXs_6_0_0_20080925 and all i have is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition can i use that the software plugins or not im not sure what i can use and what i cant.

I use blender and gmax and i haveirrlicht-1.4.2 but the tutorials on it are out dated and i cant get it to work so i gave up on that.

any help would be great thank you in advance for your help and comments

Yes, it is possible. In fact, I had done a little example in Irrlicht 1.4.1 with some rigid bodies, a level mesh, and a character controller integrated with the fps camera ( including jumping and maybe crouching ). I used Visual Studio 2008 express for that.

If you need some help, you can contact me via email or on msn @ bben53@gmail.com.

I simply don't feel like typing out the stuff I needed to do here as it was quite a bit of code to get it working with Irrlicht ( not hard, just took a while ).

Oh, and on Irrlichts behalf, I have a small engine with Havok integrated into Irrlicht 1.4.2 that I'm working on slowly.

bradford789's picture
Quoting - benny53

Yes, it is possible. In fact, I had done a little example in Irrlicht 1.4.1 with some rigid bodies, a level mesh, and a character controller integrated with the fps camera ( including jumping and maybe crouching ). I used Visual Studio 2008 express for that.

If you need some help, you can contact me via email or on msn @ bben53@gmail.com.

I simply don't feel like typing out the stuff I needed to do here as it was quite a bit of code to get it working with Irrlicht ( not hard, just took a while ).

Oh, and on Irrlichts behalf, I have a small engine with Havok integrated into Irrlicht 1.4.2 that I'm working on slowly.

thank you for responding so fast on my post that has never happened before on any other forums that i belong to i will email you because the tutorial for the irrlichts engine are out dated and you can not see the images that come with the tutorials so that is why i gave up on that but any help would be very much appreciated

benny53's picture
Quoting - bradford789

thank you for responding so fast on my post that has never happened before on any other forums that i belong to i will email you because the tutorial for the irrlichts engine are out dated and you can not see the images that come with the tutorials so that is why i gave up on that but any help would be very much appreciated

No problem. I aim to help out where necessary. I'm hoping to have a nice little library going for using Havok with Irrlicht though, with a few helpful utilities programmed in ( for animation and such ). I'll most likely post on the Irrlicht forum relatively soon. After that I'm off to modify the Irrlicht engine in nearly every way possible to make it faster and transform it to a game engine >>

Login to leave a comment.