3ds max 2009 and Visual Studio 2008 Support!?!?!

3ds max 2009 and Visual Studio 2008 Support!?!?!

We're using 3ds max 2009 and Visual Studio 2008 for our project.

Upon installing I only see options up to 3ds max 2008 and VS 2005. Do we need to downgrade in order to use this release of Havok?

Thank you!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello drymer,

The free SDK is based on Havok Physics and Animation 5.5 which supports 3DS Max 2008 and VS 2005 but it's intended that the major release of Havok (6.0) will include support for 3DS Max 2009 and VS 2008.

havokdaniel:Hello drymer,

The free SDK is based on Havok Physics and Animation 5.5 which supports 3DS Max 2008 and VS 2005 but it's intended that the major release of Havok (6.0) will include support for 3DS Max 2009 and VS 2008.

Could we at least get "clean" .lib files (aka compiled with _CRT_NOFORCE_MANIFEST defined) until 6.0 is released? The rogue dependencies caused by the manifests embedded in the currently released libs are killing us.

Any estimated release date for 6.0 ???

VS 2008 support is really important

Hi guys,
Can you elaborate on the link problems that you're having? It might be due to something besides the mismatched versions (but then again, it might not). I was under the impression that our VS2005 libs+makefiles worked with VS2008...

-Chris

havokchris:Hi guys,
Can you elaborate on the link problems that you're having? It might be due to something besides the mismatched versions (but then again, it might not). I was under the impression that our VS2005 libs+makefiles worked with VS2008...

-Chris

Hey Chris,
The VS2005 libs+projects *compile* just fine with VS2008 (linking and everything) if using the _dll variants. However, the binaries that it produces try to load both the VC8 and VC9 CRTs because of the manifest embedded in those libs. When it can't load the VC8 version, it raises the "Application Configuration is Incorrect" error. This is especially a problem for Debug builds as more than half our machines don't and can't have the VC8 Debug CRT installed :(

Quoting - drymer We're using 3ds max 2009 and Visual Studio 2008 for our project.

Upon installing I only see options up to 3ds max 2008 and VS 2005. Do we need to downgrade in order to use this release of Havok?

Thank you!

I would also like to know if 3ds max 2009 will be supported.

We're not using Visual Studio 2008, but we do use max 2009.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today