Write Data

Write Data

Hi,

Now my problem is much more a programming problem...
Actually I have tried to write with RfidDemoNET.exe and it works very well if I use the button "StartScan", but I would like to use the button on the C5...for the moment I succeed to read the datas, but when I want to write, it returns me a MessageBox with the error :
"tag object provided is not known to the reader"
But I succeed to read it with my application and to read and to write it with the RfidDemoNET.exe...can you help me?
Thank you

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Thomas,

Can you send us your code sample for the RFID write? You can either post it as part fo the text message, or you can attach it as a file by clicking the "options" tab at the top of the message screen.

We can take a look at it and probably determine why it is not working. If you not comfortable sharing, then I would recommend comparing your code to the code camples in the SDK to see what you are doing different.

Thanks,

Steve

ok, I send you the code in an attached file with comments on it...
Thank you

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download ReaderC5.cs3.27 KB

Got it - thanks. We'll take a look and let you know.

-Steve

Hi Thomas,

Our developers looked at the code sample you sent in and here are their comments:

1. The user is trying to Write Data to a RFID Tag which is the last scanned tag.

2. If while writing the user did not hold the same RFID Tag, then due to mismatch in RFID Tag ID the error "tag object provided is not known to the reader" will be reported.

In the code sample there is not a way to set a RFID Tag for Writing. It will always consider the last scanned RFID Tag for writing (It is set during FOR loop in method RfidScanned (SelectedTag=tag)).

If another different tag is held during tage write, then the operation will throw the error "tag object provided is not known to the reader". It is a programming problem.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but I know that I have to write on the tag I just read before.
That is why I read a tag and then I try to write on it, but always the same tag of course (the one I have just read before).
What is strange is that when I try to write I have test to display the ID of the "selected Tag", just before trying to write and the application displays the right ID...the one I have read before.

Hi Thomas,

Below are the steps for writing to a RFID Tag:

1. Scan/Read the Tags.

2. The Scanned Tags UID will be shown in a Combobox in UI.

3. User Selects a Particular Scanned Tag ID from the Combobox. (At this instance, set the SelectedTag variable which is used while writing.)

4. User Holds the Tag whose ID is same as the Selected Tag ID.

5. User Writes Data to that Tag which is held.

Thanks,

Steve

Login to leave a comment.