What topics do you want to see here?

What topics do you want to see here?

Even though we at Intel have strong opinions on any number of topics ...Ibelieve just as strongly that those teaching parallel programming now (or wanting to start teaching it) have issues that the collective wisdom here could help with. What problems are you wrestling with? What keeps you up at night? What do you need to teach parallel programming that is missing now?

Jerry

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Excellent question, JB! I'm glad you asked.

Readers? Don't be shy: this thread is going to be around for a LONG TIME, I can tell!

Cheers,

jdg

What do you need to teach parallel programming that is missing now?

Some courses would be nice. We had a program of parallel processing courses when they were dropped out of the blue. The IMTS102 trainer accreditation program was killed literally the day before I was due to take it. Anyone want a cheap "Patterns for Parallel Programming"? Its damn-all use to me now. I am still teaching IMTS101, what am I supposed to tell delegates about future training? Communication from Intel has been absent.

Hey cdarke,

Well said. Very nice to hear from you here.

Guys? Any advice for cdarke?

Cheers,

jdg

Hi, cdarke ...and welcome!

You may not know that there is existing multi-core curriculum posted in our Curriculum Wiki (http://academiccommunity.intel.com, under Global Collaboration on the right hand side). We welcome your feedback on that material.

I will ask about IMTS101 and IMTS102 and ensure someone posts an answer.

Jerry

We did not kill the full program but did have to cancel that training accreditation. We are still working with our global training partner NIIT and their channel partners. Here is a contact name for you: Kent at Element K, subsidiary of NIIT: Kent_Michels@elementk.com

I am sorry for the confusion on this.

-Mary Alessini
Intel Software College

Good to know! Thanks for setting the record straight, MA!

I have a college-age son who is *really* into gaming. I've sat down with him and described my understanding of modern gamingmulti-hreading architectures and how the game designers are taking advantage of multi-core to provide a richer, more realistic gaming experience. That started me wondering how do you teach the skills necessary for a game designer? When and how do you introduce the parallel concepts?

Jerry

Hi Jerry!

I think that in latinamerica the first problem is the tecnology and the courses for fast learning. I think that is very important support academia ( in Mexico ) with courses from intel to teachers. In Guadalajara, Jalisco ( Mex) is dificult find help from local goverment.

Best regards.

jess Ambriz

Quoting - JERRY BAUGH (Intel)

Even though we at Intel have strong opinions on any number of topics ...Ibelieve just as strongly that those teaching parallel programming now (or wanting to start teaching it) have issues that the collective wisdom here could help with. What problems are you wrestling with? What keeps you up at night? What do you need to teach parallel programming that is missing now?

Jerry

Login to leave a comment.