Local Area Connection Properties is missing authentication tab

Local Area Connection Properties is missing authentication tab

Hopefully I can explain what I am trying to accomplish and what I am seeing.

I am trying to implement 802.1x authentication on XPsp2 laptops

Our laptops have Intel wireless and Broadcom wired.

When I install Intel Pro Set Wireless Network 11.5 ( and previous version) this stops the wireless zero configuration service from starting.

Without the wireless zero config I can not get to the local area connections authentication tab for the Broadcom Nic (nor does it appear on the wireless properties... but that is ok since the intel software will let me configure 802.1x)

I would like to use the intel wireless software.

Any ideas on how to get the authentication tab visible without starting the wireless zero config service???

Thanks, Glen

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Quoting - is@depsci.com

Hopefully I can explain what I am trying to accomplish and what I am seeing.

I am trying to implement 802.1x authentication on XPsp2 laptops

Our laptops have Intel wireless and Broadcom wired.

When I install Intel Pro Set Wireless Network 11.5 ( and previous version) this stops the wireless zero configuration service from starting.

Without the wireless zero config I can not get to the local area connections authentication tab for the Broadcom Nic (nor does it appear on the wireless properties... but that is ok since the intel software will let me configure 802.1x)

I would like to use the intel wireless software.

Any ideas on how to get the authentication tab visible without starting the wireless zero config service???

Thanks, Glen

Please refer to the product support page for your question on Intel PROSet SW. Here are somesupport links:
http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/
http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

Thanks,

-Thai

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today