Java Language Pack Error 1722

Java Language Pack Error 1722

Steven Murray (Intel)'s picture

I just tried to install the MCA Java Language Pack, but received the following error during the install:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of this setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Copy_Jawt, location C:Windowssystem32...Bin"

What is the problem and how do I fix this?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steven Murray (Intel)'s picture

The most common reason for this error to occur is when you attempt to install the MCA Java Language Pack on a PC that does not have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed. To use the MCA Java Language Pack, you must have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) v1.4.1 or later already installed.

However, we have seen the error occur occasionally even when the Java Runtime Environment has been installed on your PC. If you have the JRE installed and are getting the error, there are typically two causes:

1. The installer failed to copy the file (jawt.dll) from the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) folder to the MCA bin directory.

2. Visual C++ runtime is not installed in the system.

Note that even when the error dialog appears, the MCA Java Language Pack installer still completes the install of the MCA Java Language Pack. However, an additional manual step is required in order for the MCA Java Language Pack to work. You must manually copy the jawt.dll file from the JRE bin directory (i.e.. C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2_15injawt.dll) to the MCA bin directory (i.e.. C:Program FilesIntelMCABinjawt.dll).

Login to leave a comment.