How to install the COM Language Pack on a Motion C5

How to install the COM Language Pack on a Motion C5

I have a Motion C5 tablet with the MCA platform driver preinstalled by Motion. I need to install the MCA COM Language Pack on the Motion tablet. I have downloaded the beta version of the MCA COM Language Pack from the Intel web site, but when I try to install it I get this error message in a Windows pop-up box:

The upgrade path cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be updated may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program, Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

How do I install the COM Language Pack onto the Motion C5 tablet?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The COM Language Pack is designed to be installed on a development PC that has the MCA SDK installed, not directly on the Motion C5 which uses the MCA platform driver. So to install the COM Language pack you have to install it on the development PC with the MCA SDK installed first, and then copy and register the Language Pack files to the Motion C5. This info is captured in the COM Language Pack release notes. Here are the steps from the release notes:

1) Copy all files from RedistCOM on the build machine to in on the OEM MCA product (like the Motion C5).

2) On the OEM MCA product, register the COM component inIntelHealthcare_COM.dll.
a) Open a command prompt, and browse to in

b) Type regsvr32 IntelHealthcare_COM.dll

The SDK v1.1 now comes with the COM language pack included but it does not have the Redist folder. What is the equivalent procedure for SDK v1.1?

Hi jabbatiello,

The process is really based on the version of the MCA Platform Driver installed on the Motion C5, and not so much the version of the MCA SDK you have. Currently only v1.0 of the MCA Platform Driver is available for the Motion C5, so the process for installing the COM language pack from MCA SDK 1.0 to MCA Platform Driver v1.0 is as follows:

1. Copy the file IntelHealthcare_COM.dll from the COM language pack into the MCA BIN directory on the Motion C5 (C:Program FilesIntelMCABin).

2. On the Motion C5, open up a command prompt (Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt) and enter the following two lines:

cd C:Program FilesIntelMCABin

regsvr32 IntelHealthcare_COM.dll

You should then get a Windows pop-up message indicating the registration succeeded.

You must use the IntelHealthcare_COM.dll specific for v1.0 of the MCA Platform Driver. The version of IntelHealthcare_COM.dll that is included with MCA SDK 1.1 will not register correctly when installed on the Motion C5 while it is using MCA platform driver 1.0.

Once Motion does release v1.1 of the MCA Platform Driver, this whole process goes away. The COM language pack is part of the MCA platform driver v1.1 so you will not need to manually copy or register the COM DLL to use it. Motion expects to release the MCA platform driver v1.1 in January.

-Steve

The COM language pack no longer seems to be available for download. The page at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?strState=LIVE&ProductID=2854&DwnldID=14959&agr=N&lang=eng&PrdMap=2854 is missing the actual download link and I can't find a copy available anywhere else. How can I get the IntelHealthcare_COM.dll that was included as part of it?

Hi jabbatiello,

The file was removed when we released MCA SDK v1.1 because the COM language pack is incorporated into the MCA SDK v1.1 releease. But this is obviously a problem for you until the MCA platform driver v1.1 is released by Motion.

Do you have an account forpremier.intel.com? It is available there. If not, let me know and I can post it for you to download on our FTP server.

-Steve

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download comm_files.ZIP67.38 KB

Hi jabbatiello,

I have attached the MCA SDK v1.0 COM language pack files to this reply (comm_files.zip).

-Steve

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download comm_files.ZIP67.38 KB

Thank you, this is working for me. For future reference I note that I also had to install the Visual C++ 2005 (8.0) runtime (vcredist_x86.exe) on the device since IntelHealthcare_com.dll is linked against it.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today