Do your application use any zlib based algorithm to compress data? If yes, you may check out the latest IPP data compression sample from the 5.2 beta, we provide the new improvements in this version to make easy to adopt IPP based zlib features.
Here are the easy steps:
1. Download the data compression sample came along with IPP 5.2 beta
2. Install it and rebuild it with IPP 5.2 beta libraries
3. The sample will generate the ipp_zlib.lib under directory ipp_sampledata-compressioninipp_zlibwin32
4. replace with the original zlib.lib with this new build ipp_zlib.lib in your linkage option and recompile.
5. Set the right path to ipp_zlibin32
If your applications are performance sensitive, the immediate benefits of using Intel IPP zlib features are to gain more performance than original zlib, as we tuned these functions for various Intel processors.
Let us know your experience of using these features. If you have any questions of using it, please contact us here or submit direct questions via Intel Premier Support at https://premier.intel.com
ps: The Intel IPP 5.2 beta is located at http://www.intel.com/software/products/ipp/beta.htm
Thanks for your attention.