Cell Computer Project

269 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
mihail_m's picture

Designing Experiences with the User at the Center by Charlene Zvolanek

"I am impressed that the lab is building real, functional prototypes and exploring what it takes to integrate technology that is on the cutting edge. Its difficult to predict whether people will really use something the way you expect until you put it in their hands. Building products that people love takes a deep understanding of what they care about, rigorous process of design and iteration, and tech that delivers an experience, not a usage."

Really wonderful.

Michael

mihail_m's picture
cliffordstoll's picture

nice work done there... I like the idea and the work... but I think you need to update the keyboard for more user friendly interface... Just a thought but well done...

mihail_m's picture
Quoting cliffordstoll nice work done there... I like the idea and the work... but I think you need to update the keyboard for more user friendly interface... Just a thought but well done...

Thanks, as for the keyboard I'm just looking for a compromise between the solution thatwould havebeen a compact clamshell device and using a new layout that certainlywould bea kind ofchallenge for users. Innovationis not conservative by definition.The criterion for me is aneasy and correct typingwith comfortable for touchinghexagonal keys. And the cell computer could use a classic QWERTY layout by default- though that would cause more typing mistakes as for existing devices until they have 4 inch display.

Michael

michaelmolin's picture

Hi everyone,

I'm @genetechnics now.

Best regards,

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Hi everyone,

Just bychance here. Let's call it a start-up since 2006 in this thread- I'm sure that Moto RAZR form factor with two displaysis the right solution for a mobile device of the future because ofthe flexible interaction between thetwo UIs without overlapping by a keyboard. Just read about "5 screens" representation of thecurrent successful media technologies at Gartner blogs (link- post by Nick Jones)- iPhone, iPad, notebook/PC, xBox Kinect, IP TV. I would find just two of them as integrated devices- a compact cell computer (iPhone- remote control+ iPad - the second display and browser- as xBox Kinect- 3DSis the first one)connected with abig TV screen.It'slikeOccam's razor principle or a real convergence for personal computers.

Regards,

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Hi everyone,

I have updated my project - The Cell PC - http://genetechnics.webs.com

Regards,

Michael

@genetechnics

techforums123's picture

all the best ! Good to hear about the project .

can you say the purpose of this project.

mihail_m's picture
Quoting techforums123 all the best ! Good to hear about the project .

can you say the purpose of this project.

The purpose is simple - to work with a mobile device as with a PC havingseparate document window, keyboard andmouse/touchpad control along withusing context menus on the second displayfor text and graphicsediting. A PCparadigm.

mihail_m's picture

Hello,

I have made thenext version of a Cell PC. A new sleek form factor (50x107 mm), displays (3.5" - 800x480 and 3" - 640x480).My hope ison Intel as forpower efficiency of Medfield platform.

Regards,

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Hi everyone,

If you ask me what's going on in the industry I will say - Obama will geta next term ). Actually, all the market/political swings are provoked by Google/Facebook andthemaster - Microsoft.To the point, everything is going well for my project - iPhone is a transition to Cell PC. HPwill nowprint money for U.S. economy under theleadership of theformer SAP director - clouds forever ) - ex-IBM terminals. And Steve will fail with post-PC era's concept.

Cheers,

Michael

androidmark's picture

The more memory the android phones has the more the cost of the phone. Android tablets allow the user to utilise memory cards to save cheap android phones room on the actual phone memory. cheap android tablets firmware can also be updated, while the wholesale android phones provides a closed firmware option. Want to see beautiful and low price electronics from Chinaandroid mobile phone From China. 2945abc45 0824

IPhone is limited in that the android phones does not allow the user to android tablets utilize an SD memory card. This cheap android phones means that the cheap android tablets only memory available is the wholesale android phonesmemory, so when it is full users will have to delete applications or photos. The iPhones are sold with three different choices in memory, 8 GB, 16GB and 32GB. 2945abc45 0824
mihail_m's picture

Professional conscience. That's it. Bill and Steve, no matter about organization.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

It's just about the philosophy - the age of computing is based on a binary principle. Physics is based on a quantum leap. Life is based on a genomic regulatory network. And society is based on a language. That's our conscience - native language, native city and everyone's own family. And these rules are the same on all these levels. Everything will be known by using a comparison - the comparison of two languages - I have created a data structure - CreativeText - it's an expert system for Russian native speakers. It works. Like life around.

Michael

@genetechnics

Collins English Dictionary

Philosophy- the academic discipline concerned with making explicit the nature and significance of ordinary and scientific beliefs and investigating the intelligibility of concepts by means of rational argument concerning their presuppositions, implications, and interrelationships; in particular, the rational investigation of the nature and structure of reality (metaphysics), the resources and limits of knowledge (epistemology), the principles and import of moral judgment (ethics), and the relationship between language and reality (semantics).

mihail_m's picture

Why Standard & Poor's Placed Hewlett-Packard Co. On CreditWatch Negative

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Amazon Fire shows that reading is obsolete. That's it since iPhone media player and Twitter :).

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

The real problem is that noone creates something new both inHW and SW now andon. Just theorizing like in physics.2012 is a deadline in this relation. Then, a greymess.No matter about Intel's future 14 nm technologies. Moreover, degradation of population caused by Apple's concept for iPhone/iPad "it's sofware, stupid" - just put your finger heretosucceed -will not make any new developers. So, my hopes areon Intel and my project. To make a cell computer.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

DejaVu - January 20, 2007:

Hello,

I would like to thank Bill Gates for his keynote at CES 2007. He really gave me the exact definition of the cell computer - connected experiences means connected user interfaces.

Regards,

Michael

* Steve is in ever-green forests.

mihail_m's picture

The Open Mobile Summit: Internet everywhere

The Open Mobile Summit San Francisco 2011, Nov 2-4, will be the single most significant event in converging mobile, Internet, media and electronics this year.

http://www.openmobilesummit.com/

Michael

@genetechnics

cateespimsleur's picture

Motorola is great but i am also looking for Apple and Microsoft.

mihail_m's picture
Quoting cateespimsleur Motorola is great but i am also looking for Apple and Microsoft.

You mean Tim Cook and Steve Balmer - they are chief operating officers, and actually, chief financial officers for their key products -iPhone/iPad and Windows/Officenow. And I'm talking about dealing with information - the processing ofdataand enterprisedevelopmentusing a cell computer, not about phone communication, playing media and games.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

The Sentiment Analysis Symposium, November 9, San Francisco, CA, bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications to emerge in recent years: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback.

http://www.sentimentsymposium.com/

I really think that the cell computer is the best concept for social networks - a new Internet for everyone now.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

No tutorials out there, we live in a new reality now that appreciates the currentmedia as a confirmation of the fact.

Michael

@genetechnics

alextui's picture

Nice idea, but it is still just an idea or specification.Is your product has been manufactured, please show us more details about what you have done so far.

Acoolme :Anybody Can Be Your Marketer
mihail_m's picture
Quoting alextui Nice idea, but it is still just an idea or specification.Is your product has been manufactured, please show us more details about what you have done so far.

Well, that's the good reason to talk about this thread itself. It's been five years since I started it. That time and till almost earlier this year (with Kyocera phones from Sprint launched this spring and Android SDK for the developers - link) the concept of a dual-screen communications device that provides the full functionality of a personal computer was very far from up-to-date trends. Additionally, in 2006 only a few first phones with touchscreen displays were on the market by that time. Then, in January 2007 iPhone was demonstrated by Apple - that was a really good news for my project cos people had a chance to assess the touchscreen technology. Now, it's the industry standard for communications devices.

And really, we are in the right place to discuss it cos in my view the role of Intel in creating iPhone was crucial though both companies are not showing this collaboration publicly. But we're remembering the keynote of Paul Otellini at WWDC in June 2007 (link). That's for microprocessor's technology part of iPhone. In this relation and in a UX part, there was also a definitive impact of Samsung - and that time the former CEO of Samsung Eric Kim was Intel's vice-president (link).

Now in October 2011, we have what we have - iPhone 4S and mass-market Android devices. They're still just phones that run simple apps for consumers. That's great but it's not already the technology for the future advancement. We've made a round and there's a certain need for a new approach to meet the expectations from businesses on this touchscreen technology to run PC applications. A cell computer is the solution I suggest for Intel, Microsoft and Google to develop for the sake of theprofessionalsdealingwith business applications in their everyday's work.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Speaking of business applications - I found a verygood example - this is a Web-based Silverlight application for stock charts.

http://www.freestockcharts.com/videos/QuickTour.html

That's where the two displays are a must-have for organizing a real-time analysis with the navigation through the lists of stocks in a portfolio on the second display and an optical mouse for creating vector graphics is a really useful tool. A cell computer.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

And special notice for marketersabout personal advertising screen - the second screen of a cell computer. It works in Japan (Nintendo DS and 3DS) so why US and Europe aredifferent in this regard.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Personal advertising screen is the key. iPhone is in the past.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

It's not the trend. It's the necessity - the mother of invention.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to wish you a prosperous New Year - a year of the choice. Hope Intel will be well doing. This year was a sign of the greatchanges to come. Mobile is not longer a concept to follow - it's a reality Apple said it4th October. Microsoft reigns in.History repeats as it was the thirty years ago. Cloud and socialcomputing. Let's focus on computing.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

I'm talking talk.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Hello everyone,

About the talk I've been talking for five years here. First thing I formulated is that time is the third dimension - 2D+time+life. This is myview of the Nature. Time is reality. Life means an observer according toEinstein. That's why two displays are betterthan one- 2D+time+life - one is fortheoutworld (TV)and thesecond is for you - personal settings of what you are doing with the device - cell computer.

Happy New Year!

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture

Hi everyone,

We are into an interesting year - that's it.Everyone doesn't know what to do next. Apple, Google, MS, Nokia (LTE is a new name) are on the fence. Smart investors are in need. Are there anyone? Learn from this thread. And you'll be successful.

Michael

@genetechnics

mihail_m's picture
Quoting polib Hi mihael, I am sorry but I don't understand what your project do? Can I download free software here or maybe some applications?

In a nutshell,it's a next-generation "really personal 'cos youalways haveit with you" computer platform after iPhone platform (which I consider as a transitional solution to accustom people with multitouch control of programs). It's a hardware platform - you know that Intel is a primary provider of processors for mobile devices. It features the second display that is primarilyan analogy a notebook's touchpad to control the main display (a document window) but much more functional 'cos it's a multitouch display.

Michael

abdulahad1985's picture

Hi, please tell me how can i contribute in this project

mihail_m's picture

Hello,

You can email me at: genetechnics@gmail.com. Any constructivehelp in making this project a reality is appreciated.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

At last, the first innovative news from Google since its renaming from AltaVista - semantic search (Web, exactly, according to W3C). I wonder has anyone a neural network that really works everyday similar to my CreativeText.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19lcwXnSSc - WSJDigitalNetwork - How Google's New Search Works

I hope Microsoft and Apple will be the next ones which will bring innovative ideas into a reality.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

DejaVu - October 1, 2011

The real problem is that noone creates something new both in HW and SW now and on. Just theorizing like in physics. 2012 is a deadline in this relation. Then, a grey mess. No matter about Intel's future 14 nm technologies. Moreover, degradation of population caused by Apple's concept for iPhone/iPad "it's sofware, stupid" - just put your finger here to succeed - will not make any new developers. So, my hopes are on Intel and my project. To make a cell computer.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

In actual terms, iPhone/iPad (Android) give you an illusive control over the screen. It's about toys (players, that's just right). Serious work about the PC concept where you have a real control over the screen starts from a cell computer with two displays as a mobile device.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Laying the foundations - we believe in"the Apple's capitalization amounted in one trillion dollars" - that's America, dreams for the biggest ones,actually the market(Intel is stillthe platform) - what will be after everyonefollow these toys- they forget about computers ) You say -not at work. No one knows for sure. But it's happening. Degradation of the population. A grey mess.

Michael

-
DJ Silence - Hypnochill36 - Shadows

mihail_m's picture

Again, I'm conservative for following the PC standard keyboard and display for mobile devices. A cell computer.

Michael

pothvola48's picture

Thank you for an nice post.Hello dear please tell me how can i get a nice monitor in my country and which company is best.

rahim25's picture

This is a nice project which you have done from a long time.
The plan of your mobile pc is just great and gives the modern generation a
speed. Wish that you can successful in your project and we will get the cell phone
soon.

Want to make money online? This is really the best way! - http://bee4.biz/?ref=17978
louiel555's picture

Hi where i can get the cell computer projects sorry "platforms" michael

mihail_m's picture
Quoting rahim25

This is a nice project which you have done from a long time. The plan of your mobile pc is just great and gives the modern generation a speed. Wish that you can successful in your project and we will get the cell phone soon.

That's right - Moto did it just a decade ago giving consumers a simple convenient and compactdevice for making phone calls - I'm giving them a computer - just a project now, anyway let's wait for Intel's awakening - 6 years is not enough for such big shifts.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Let's start from Honey keyboard. That beats any Apple's marketing for iPhone 5.

Michael

mihail_m's picture

Hello,

I've made some changes in the upper part of the keyboard. Now the layout for thenumbers' sectionfollows the principles of a standard numeric keypad. This looks like:

1 2 3 <-
4 56
7 8 9 0

What do you think?

Michael

mihail_m's picture

I guess this one fits perfect - you've surely seen this type of the layout on some mobile devices:

12 3 <-
07 8 9

Also, I think it's worth to make the reference design a bit bigger - 56x118 mm according to the current standards for smartphones. So, this results in correspoding display sizes - 4" (800x480) and 3,5" (640x480).

Michael

mihail_m's picture

About Apple-Samsung story:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/31/3207582/apple-designer-christopher-stringer-samsung-trial-testimony

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/26/3189309/apple-sony-iphone-design-inspiration-iphone-4-looked-old

I guess that Synaptics Corp. with its Onyx concept is worth to be mentioned in this relation as a leader in touchscreen technology and, for the record - this is what people were discussing that time:

"I think that the iPhone will pretty much be the same as this http://www.synaptics.com/onyx/ but with an apple 'touch'. Apple is already doing business with this company, and all the recent patents fit perfectly with this product. http://www.synaptics.com/products/pdf/onyx_concept.pdf" -
September 13, 2006 - http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-233607.html

Also, announcements:

http://www.slashgear.com/synaptics-and-pilotfish-collaborate-to-develop-next-generation-mobile-phone-concept-201035/ - August 20, 2006

http://www.slashgear.com/synaptics-onyx-concept-live-demo-captured-on-video-051947/ - October 5, 2006

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9673487-1.html - January 8, 2007

Wikipedia about Synaptics:

"ClearPad The ClearPad was the world's first clear capacitive touchscreen sensor for mobile devices. LG Electronics was the first to offer a mobile phone with this sensor with the LG Prada (KE850) in December 2006."

And, Synaptics was also participating in Google Nexus One development:

http://www.mobiletor.com/2010/01/12/synaptics-clearpad-on-google-nexus-one/

Michael

sureshgupta22's picture

It is a realy nice post and i am agree with your ideas..

Pages

Login to leave a comment.