64bit problem with mkl_blas_dgemm / zgesvd

64bit problem with mkl_blas_dgemm / zgesvd

Hi,

I am having a problem with code that worked well on the IA32 platform. Nothing has changed except that I am now on EMT64 (Xeon 5050). I am therefore reluctant to believe it is the code (which is very straightforward).

I am using Intel MKL 8.1 on Linux.

I have some code to do an SVD of a matrix. When this matrix is smallish (e.g. 16x3), the code works fine. When the matrix gets bigger, (e.g. 163x3) the code seg. faults and examining the core gives the following error:

Loaded symbols for /opt/intel/mkl/8.1/lib/em64t/libmkl_p4n.so
#0 0x00002aaaac91bf19 in mkl_blas_dgemm_pst () from /opt/intel/mkl/8.1/lib/em64t/libmkl_p4n.so

The crash actually happens in a call to ZBDSQR and reports a segmentation fault with mkl_blas_dgemm_pst().

I am linking against the version of "libguide.so" that comes with the MKL. The code also uses "libimf.so" which doesn't come with the MKL, I am using the version that comes with the Intel C++ compiler, 9.1.044.

Other people have reported a similar bug when calling ZGESVD which, since it's only a driver routine, may be having the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you try increasing the stack size? How this is done depends on which shell you run.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today