PXA27x Software Development

PXA27x Software Development

Hi All,

I am developing a device driver on WinCE 5.0 platform hosting Intel PXA27x processor. I am writing a bus driver using PXA27x GPIO Pins. But have issues accessing the GPIO registers. With the usage of VirtualAlloc/ VirtualCopy functions I have mapped the physical address to the virtual address. With this I am able to write to the GPIO registers. But the issue is that I dont have proper control over GPIO registers. The problem is elaboarated below

As an example consider the 32-bit Register register with the offset (0x0124).I want to control only 8 bits (23 downto 16) but when i try to do so by writing a hex byte to these bits theother bits(15 downto 8) also gets affected. Can anyone help me toget properaccess to thses bits.Looking for a solution from u guys,

Regards,

Siddhesh Bhobe

Member of Technical Staff

Persistent Systems

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for your interest in this forum.

There are some references you can take a look for this problem:

Intel Xscale PXA27x Developer Manual(280000-002)Intel Corp.

Intel Xscale PXA27x Design Guide(280001-001)Intel Corp.

CF+ and CompactFlash Specification Revision 3.0CompactFlash Association

PC Card Standard, Volume 2, Electrical Specification, Version 1.4PCMCIA

Help file of Platform Builder for Microsoft Windows CE 5.0Microsoft Corp.

--------

Best Regards,

Yang Lu

Hi
I am working on PAX270, but i feel the
information/support available is very nominal. Where can I get the
documents you mentioned,
PXA27x developers manual.
PXA27x design guide.

Please help.

I feel your frustration. There is nothing worse than not finding the information you need to do your job. Unfortunately last year the XScale product line was sold to Marvell (See http://www.marvell.com) and so the information is no longer available on the Intel web site. The information I have indicates that Marvell is providing support through an email address: Pxa27x@support.marvell.com. They also have a login area for support but I'm not familiar with the details on how to sign up. Please see https://www.marvell.com/login/index.jsp. Best wishes getting what you need.

Quoting - smbhobe

Hi All,

I am developing a device driver on WinCE 5.0 platform hosting Intel PXA27x processor. I am writing a bus driver using PXA27x GPIO Pins. But have issues accessing the GPIO registers. With the usage of VirtualAlloc/ VirtualCopy functions I have mapped the physical address to the virtual address. With this I am able to write to the GPIO registers. But the issue is that I dont have proper control over GPIO registers. The problem is elaboarated below

As an example consider the 32-bit Register register with the offset (0x0124).I want to control only 8 bits (23 downto 16) but when i try to do so by writing a hex byte to these bits theother bits(15 downto 8) also gets affected. Can anyone help me toget properaccess to thses bits.Looking for a solution from u guys,

Regards,

Siddhesh Bhobe

Member of Technical Staff

Persistent Systems

Hello, folks,

I have a computer using Intel ICH6 controller. I want to use the GPIO port on ICH6 to communicate with exertanl devices, but there is noGPIOdevice driver. I contacted the vendor of the board. It says it doesn't have GPIO device driver either. It's very weird. I wonder if Intel provides ICH6 GPIO device driver.

Thanks,

Henry

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today