VB.NET port from c#

VB.NET port from c#

jinja's picture
Hi, I'm just starting to experiment with upnp.... I used Device Builder to create a C# stack for a Media Server. But I prefer to use VB.NET, so I ported the code (I thought succesfully).. The CDS runs, is appearing in DeviceSpy, and I can invoke Browse etc, but all parameters are inputs, ie. no data is ever returned.Does anyone have a sample that they've ported to VB.NET?? Could DeviceBuilder be changed to export VB code? I'd love to attach my project to share, but it seems I can't.... Thanks for listening anyway!
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
richard-winterton (Intel)'s picture

No one that I know of has ported the Device Builder to export VB .Net. I don't think there are any plans to in the future. However that said perhaps if you gave me a few more details on I might give you a little more help. Also did you look at the UPnP packet sniffer to see what is going on. That is very helpful. Did you compile the C# code and is it working?

Let me know.

Thanks
Rich

jinja's picture
Fair enough. The generated code is working fine. I gave up on porting this to VB.NET as there seemed to be a problem with the 'byref' VB.NET definition not doing what the 'out' does in C# (in conjunction with the Intel upnp dlls). Instead I just created a dll wrapper of the generated code and stuck that into my VB.NET project. Problem solved. Cheers!

Login to leave a comment.