compiling with cygwin tools

compiling with cygwin tools

Anwar Ludin's picture

Hello,

I am having a hard time trying to compile mkl applications with the cygwin tools. Has anyone tried that before?

Here is a small test program I am trying to compile:

#include "mkl.h"

#include

int main(){

int numElements = 10;

float input[numElements] ,output[numElements];

int i;

for(i=0;i

input[i] = i+1;

}

vsSqrt(numElements, input, output);

for(i=0;i

printf("output: %f", output[i]);

}

return 0;

}

I am using the following command line:

gcc -IC:/Intel/MKL/8.0/include -LC:/Intel/MKL/8.0/ia32/lib src/testVectorSqrt.c -lmkl_ia32 -lmkl_c -lmkl_s_dll

I get the following errors (havent shown the entire trace):

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:mkl_ia32.lib ' unrecognized

Warning: .drectve `-defaultlib:uuid.lib ' unrecognized

C:/Intel/MKL/8.0/ia32/lib/mkl_c.lib(./_tmp/interface_ia32_c/vml_ssqrt.obj):d:/800/09/vml/_src:(.text[_vsSqrt]+0x84): undefined reference to `_mkl_vml_core_w7_vml_sSqrt_HA'

C:/Intel/MKL/8.0/ia32/lib/mkl_c.lib(./_tmp/interface_ia32_c/vml_ssqrt.obj):d:/800/09/vml/_src:(.text[_vsSqrt]+0x8e): undefined reference to `_mkl_vml_core_w7_vml_sSqrt_21'

C:/Intel/MKL/8.0/ia32/lib/mkl_c.lib(./_tmp/interface_ia32_c/vml_ssqrt.obj):d:/800/09/vml/_src:(.text[_vsSqrt]+0x9f): undefined reference to `_mkl_vml_core_t7_vml_sSqrt_HA'

C:/Intel/MKL/8.0/ia32/lib/mkl_c.lib(./_tmp/interface_ia32_c/vml_ssqrt.obj):d:/800/09/vml/_src:(.text[_vsSqrt]+0xa9): undefined reference to `_mkl_vml_core_t7_vml_sSqrt_21'

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Anwar

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Tim Prince's picture

You'll need to read cygwin documentation for hints, if you're serious about about dynamic linking. http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html
I suspect the Microsoft style export .lib won't work with cygwin tools.
mkl_s_dll is built for the CVF modified stdcall interface. Are you sure you want to use that?
If you try static linking, of course, the cygwin tools expect the library to be named .a, and expect it to contain .o files. You could likely arrange a copy of the static library with the name changes.
You might also use cygwin gcc along with the Microsoft linker (e.g. from C++ 2003 toolkit), for static linking. That should avoid any renaming.

Login to leave a comment.