Undefined references when linking to mkl with ifort ver. 8.0. Is there a missing library?

Undefined references when linking to mkl with ifort ver. 8.0. Is there a missing library?

mihan99's picture

Hi,

I get the following message when linking my program.

-----------------------------------------------------------

/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_abs'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_sqrt'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_exp'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_exp'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_sqrt'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `s_cat'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_abs'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `s_copy'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_abs'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_sqrt'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_exp'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_exp'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `z_sqrt'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `s_cat'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `c_abs'
/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32/libmkl_lapack64.so: undefined reference to `s_copy'

---------------------------------------------------------

It seems that there are some subroutines that should come from a not specified library. Is that the case? And what can be done?

My calling sequence looks like this:
ifort80 -o seam.x seam.o nr.o rddata.o supprt.o extern.o prutil.o -L/usr/local/lib/intel/intel_cc_80/lib/ -lguide -L/usr/local/lib/intel/mkl/lib/32 -lmkl_lapack64 -lmkl

Thanks in advance,

Mikkel

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
TODD R. (Intel)'s picture

Which version of MKL are you using? I don't see those symbols in 7.0 or 7.2 for example.
-Todd

Login to leave a comment.