size of Emerged Static Lib.

size of Emerged Static Lib.

I generated emerged static lib about jpeg decoding using sample source for my embedded application.

I just included "ippcorel.lib", "ippimerged.lib", "ippjmerged.lib", "ippsmerged.lib" and inserted about 55 function declarations in "funclist.h".

by the way, generated lib file size is about 80MB.

...... 80MB...?.?

Please help me....

Message Edited by dyhong@linudix.com on 12-06-2004 11:52 PM

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,

you have several options to minimize your executable when you are using IPP libs. I recommend you to take a look on document about possible linkage models for IPP: http://developer.intel.com/software/products/ipp/techtopics/linkage_models.pdf

From my point of view, the most simple is so-called E-Merged model, you get minimal footprint and static dispatching just automatically. All what you need - just link your application with merged/emerged libs.

Regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

First, thank you for your response.
I created E-Merged model Lib you suggest. but lib file size is about 80MB like I said.
If this problem is not matched this forum, I will contact Premier Support.
Thanks..

Eunkyu

Hi Eunkyu,

probably I misunderstood you, I talk about application size. Application linked with merged, e-merged libraries will be small enough. But merged libraries itself is big because they are combining all processor-specific code in one place. Is this your problem?
Of course, you can submit your issue to Premier Support

Regards,
Vladimir

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today