IPP - Question of week (#2)

IPP - Question of week (#2)

Hi,

Wewould like to askyou the next"question of week", remember answering this question (or previous one, or simple post on IPP Forum) you get a chance to win IPP book. Please see for details here
http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board/message?board.id=IPP&message.id=1068

So, the question is:
What would you like to see in IPP?

Regards,
Vladimir

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for answering my earlier questions.

I would like to see computer vision algorithms (openCV) made part of IPP.

Madhu.

Hi,

did younoticed IPP functions in ippCV domain? Is is exactly computer vision related domain. Do you see something is missed here?

Regards,
Vladimir

I would like to see a native 16bit integer implementation of FFT, which would speed up the transforms. The current 16bit FFT is using single presicion fp arithmetic and therefore slower than the float version.

Thanks.

Ergin, now about 300 IPP functions have been embedded into OpenCV including FFT and many other functions. they certainly do opencv faster

I would like to see same segmentation algorithms implemented in IPP, like Watershed segmentation or Dynamical segmentation, or L*a*b* colour space segmentation etc.

Thanks for asking users about our needs.

Thank you, we are trying to make our product useful.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi,

I would like to see region labelling and see algorithms based on those labels (similar to some image processing matlab functions, such has mass, bounding box, etc...).

Hugo

Hi,

I'd like to see an image minimum/maximum operations which could be included in image compare operations category. These functions would compare the corresponding pixels of two input images pSrc1, pSrc2and write minimum/maximum result value to a image pDst.

Thanks,

Andrew

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today