Using MKL70 on heterogeneous cluster

Using MKL70 on heterogeneous cluster

Hello

I intend using MKL70 on a heterogeneous mosix (linux) cluster (with PIII, PIV and Xeon processors).

Currently I compile the fortan source code using a specific MKL library (eg mkl_p4) and use mosrun to run the compiled binaries on a specific node which has the appropriate type of processor.

I would like to know:
1. Is there any way of linking/compiling the fortran source code so that the correct MKL routines will be automatically used, depending on which processor the binary is running. (without having to compile several binaries, one for each kind of processor).

2. If the code is running on a specific node (say a node with PIV processors) and MKL has chosen the appropriate routines for that processor, is it possible to then migrate the running process to a different node (e.g a PIII node), without the process crashing? In other words, will MKL be able to change from one processor type to another while the job is ALREADY RUNNING?

Thank you

ELom

1 post / 0 new
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.