Link to standard library?

Link to standard library?

cmb99's picture

Hi. I am trying to link my application to the standard library on linux (or Intel's version of it anyway). In my main.cpp, I have the line:

#include

When I build this, I get

/opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x29): In function `_Getctyptab':
* : undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
* /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x41): In function `_Getctyptab':
* /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x66): In function `_Getctyptab':
* /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x8b): In function `_Getctyptab':
* /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0xb0): In function `_Getctyptab':
* /opt/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0xd2): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow
* gmake: *** [bin/myapp] Error 1

Uncommenting this line, I can run the application fine. I am not using any other command that is part of the library. I use icpc 7.1 on redhat 9.

Christian

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
cp_jain's picture

Hi
As far as I know, Intel compiler not yet support RH 9 (specifically glibc version available with this OS).
I would recommend you to use RH8.

You can get more information related to this issue at Intel Fortran forum -
http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board/message?board.id=11&message.id=19

CP

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 12-09-2005 10:55 AM

Login to leave a comment.