compiler 7.1 error under redhat 9.0

compiler 7.1 error under redhat 9.0

The erro is below, it looks like 7.0 doesn't have this problem.
icc test.cpp
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x29): In function `_Getctyptab':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x41): In function `_Getctyptab':
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x66): In function `_Getctyptab':
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0x8b): In function `_Getctyptab':
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0xb0): In function `_Getctyptab':
/usr/intel/compiler70/ia32/lib/libcprts.a(xlocinfo.o)(.text+0xd2): more undefined references to `__ctype_b' follow

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

forget to mention:

ifc also failed when compile :
pogram test
write(6,*) 'Hello'
end program

with the same error.

Confirmed here, same problem, which does not appear under RH-7.3

__ctype_b is related to the header /usr/include/types.h

Hello,

As a user, I can confirm this happens for the fortran and the c intel compiler. It is really linked to RH9 and programs must be recompiled as the ctype function seems to have disappeared (probably in glibc).

There are other pieces of software that have the same problem. The best is to wait for the next release of the intel compiler I guess.

Walter.

The reason for this is that this symbol has been removed from the glibc that ships with RHL9. If you link dynamically using the -i_dynamic flag the problem goes away.

icc -i_dynamic hello_world.cpp

This symbols is part of the locales implementation. In RHL9 locales are thread based so one cannot use a global variable to contain locale information. So Redhat were correct to remove this symbol. It is not a bug in RHL9.

We are working on a fix now. We are hoping that we can continue to ship just one version of the libraries that will work on Redhat 7.1 through RHL9.

Login to leave a comment.