Upgrade failure

Upgrade failure

I tried to upgrade from 6.5A to 6.6 but the system returns an error saying that the existing program was not installed properly. I did reinstall the program but the problem still persist. What could be the cause for this problem? Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Alvin

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The troubleshooting instructions for the upgrade ask you to send the contents of CVF66UPG.LOG (from your Windows folder) to us at vf-support@compaq.com - this will tell us why the upgrade failed. If you will do so, we'll be glad to help.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I has the same problem. I could make an upgrade from CVF 6.5 to CVF 6.5A but I couldn`t make an upgrade from CVF 6.5 to CVF 6.6 and from CVF 6.5A to CVF 6.6.
I think that initial upgrage file CVF-65-66 stored at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/fortran/vf/CVF-65-66.exe has been changed for some reason. I made two downloads of this file at 04/15/2002 and 04/17/2002, both files was not corrupted - digital signature is OK. Previously I made an upgrade to CVF6.6 by an older copy of the update.
I`ll try to get an older copy.

I suggest that you send a copy of the CVF66UPG.LOG file from the Windows folder to us at vf-support@compaq.com. It will let us tell you exactly why the upgrade failed and what to do about it.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today