Problem Establishing Project with XP

Problem Establishing Project with XP

Community Admin's picture

Can anyone help? I am getting the following error message when attempting to establish a project: "DFDEV.EXE - Application Error" ....Has anyone experienced this using XP; if so how can I resolve it?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Delete the .OPT file in your project folder. This problem seems to crop up when upgrading the OS. It should not come back again.

Steve

Steve

I deleted the .opt file; however, when going back to insert a project in the workspace the same error rises it's head. Again I get this error Microsoft Developer Studio has encountered a problem and ask me do I want to send a report to Microsoft. I then get the aforementioned error. This has driven me crazy all weekend. I have 2000 OS at work and did not encounter this. HELP.

I see you reported this to vf-support - we'lll help you through that channel. I vaguely recall having seen another report of this. In the meantime, try an uninstall and reinstall of CVF.

Steve

Steve

Could someone please follow-up on this problem; I have uninstalled and re-installed, still the same problem persit. Please Help?

I have replied to you through vf-support. Please direct future correspondence on this issue there.

Steve

Steve

Login to leave a comment.