"warning LNK4084" related question

"warning LNK4084" related question

I am developing a code that uses large amounts of memory. For some of the largest runs, I get the linking error, for example:

Linking...
Debug/multi_layer.exe : warning LNK4084: total image size -1804611584 exceeds max (268435456); image may not run

Which is strange just because CVF thinks the image size is negative. The created executable "is not a valid win32 application." Have I just hit the 1.75 GB limit in Win2K mentioned in the Knowledge Base? If so, changing matrices to "allocatable" is not a great option for a couple of reasons - are there any other options? Should I expect to have this type of problem with a UNIX-type OS as well?

I can link and execute for virtual memory sizes up to ~1.92 GB, trying to exceed that I get the "is not a valid win32 application" error.

Thanks a bunch,
Pat

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

You've exceeded the Windows 2GB limit for process virtual memory. You'll have the same problem on most any 32-bit OS. Either restructure the program so that it needs less virtual memory, or switch to a 64-bit platform such as Itanium or Alpha.

Steve

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today