Naming the different releases

Naming the different releases

Michael Kasprzak's picture
I suppose this question is a continuation of this: node/416 In that thread I asked weather we had to submit multiple binaries or not, and the answer is yes. No problems there. My question now is how should we name our various versions? For example, lets say my game is called "My Game". If I'm releasing for only a single platform (i.e. Windows), I can call it "My Game" in the submission form. However, "My Game" is now taken by my Windows version, so my Moblin version needs a new different name. I can call it "My Game (for Moblin)", but doesn't that then mean all (or the majority) of Moblin ports will be called "Blah (for Moblin)"? I suppose that also begs the question of weather we should just slap "(for Windows XP)", "(for Windows 7)", or "(for Windows)" on the end of our submission names. So, that's my naming dilemma for today. :) Regards, Mike Kasprzak Sykhronics Entertainment www.sykhronics.com
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Hal's picture

Hi Mike,

I will check into this.

Best Regards,

Hal G.

Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program Support Team

Hal's picture

Hi Mike,

Short term – the user has to use a unique app name for each binary. That means the user can add (Windows*) and (Moblin) in the title of the app. I know this is not ideal, but short term this seems to be the best solution. Long term we are thinking of options where the user need not worry about this.

Best Regards,

Hal G.

Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program Support Team

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Login to leave a comment.