Join an organization?

Join an organization?

Hello, I received a message from appdeveloper.support indicated that someone has requested to become a member of my organization. And asked me to approve it. Can anyone share with me the idea and mechanism behind this 'join organization' thing? Thanks and regards, Phoenix
9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your query.

In order to submit application or component on the IADP website, you need to have an organization or be part of an organization. If someone is just registered with an ID, but no organization yet, they have the option either to create an organisation for them or join an existing organisation. If they want to join an existing organisation, they will send a request to the owner and he/she can decide whether to accept it or not (e.g after you have established who the contact is ..)

Kind Regards,
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,

Thank you for your clarification.

One more question: what obligation my organization and myself have if I agree to let someone to join my organization?

Thanks again,
Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your reply.

In general as far as I know, the person owning the organization is the one who takes care of the members of the organization and managing the payments. Please also note that payments for applications will all be received in the account details registered in the organization by the owner. Only the admin (owner) can modify these details as well as managing members. Hence it is a good idea to know who you want to accept to join your organisation especially if they are planning to sell applications/components. If they are planning to publish applications for free then this may not be an issue.

I may need to confirm the process, if you wish. Please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Rooven.

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thank you, Rooven.

Now I have a better understanding of the mechanism. Yes, it would be nice to understand the process as well.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thank you for your reply.

I will investigate this and I will get back to you when I get some official information about the process.

Kind Regards,
Rooven

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Phoenix,

I have investigated and tried to get an 'official' answer about your query.

So, generally it was correct what I have stated on my earlier post.

Payments are made to the organization and not individuals. People who are part of the organization can submit apps/manage apps on behalf of the organization. In future we will support roles for the users in the organization enabling finer control over the members in the organization.

Currently only the org creators can invite & approve others to join the organization. We will be detailing the process out including the roles in the near future.

Kind Regards
Rooven

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to get an 'official' answer for me. :-)

There are a lot of developers work for no organizations. We see a lot of success stories for individual developers come up with great apps for Apple Store. It would be nice if there will be mechanism for individual developers to be able to get paid.

Thanks and regards,
Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is true that there are individual developers who does not own any organisation and wants to earn money for their applications. Currently it is a requirement for a developer to be part of an organisation in order to receive payments from IADP.

A workaround to this will be if the individual register and get an ID for the IADP, join the program and create his/her own organisation with his/her contact and payment details and in this way he/she will be able to earn money individually through his/her newly created organisation.

But as I specified earlier, in the near future the IADP team will try to implement a better way to deal with organisation members and provide them with more features if there are many members in an organisation.

Kind Regards,
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards,
DG Rooven

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today