How to get GUID or Application ID

How to get GUID or Application ID

can any one tell me how to get Application ID or GUID of my application and how to use SDK lib files and header files in my application. and when i am including "const ApplicationId myApplicationID( ADP_DEBUG_APPLICATIONID);" this syntax in my code its showing error during compile Error 1-Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetModuleFileNameExW@16 referenced in function "public: static class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const __cdecl com::intel::adp::SystemUtils::GetAppName(void)" (?GetAppName@SystemUtils@adp@intel@com@@SA?BV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@XZ) adpcored.lib EncoderClient Error 2- Error 3 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SHRegGetValueW@28 referenced in function "public: static class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const __cdecl com::intel::adp::SystemUtils::GetRegistryKeyValueData(struct HKEY__ *,class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const &,class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const &)" (?GetRegistryKeyValueData@SystemUtils@adp@intel@com@@SA?BV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@PAUHKEY__@@ABV56@1@Z) adpcored.lib EncoderClient Error 3- Error 4 fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Warning - Warning 1 warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBC' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library EncoderClient EncoderClient
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Is there a link to where I can get the App ID? I have everything working my MSI installer installer, the debug id works with the startATDS, but now I need an app ID? I have been looking but cannot find the link, can someone point me to it?

On another note, My installer does not install links inside of "All Programs" on windows XP machines. Everything works fine on Windows 7 but on XP it does not. Is this going to cause a rejection? Since the app is for the netbooks I would assume they are all running windows 7.

Help - out of time!

Thanks,
-Mark

aheh, ok I found it. My Dashboard, sorry for the false alarm. Just in a hurry as my deadline for submission is tomorrow.

If anyone knows the answer to the installer question I would appreciate it.

-Mark

Hardik,

Have you had a chance to reference the file "SDK Developer Guide.pdf" which comes with the ATOM SDK? There are also example projects that are included with the SDK which may help you work some of this out.

At first glance, it looks like you need add the following dependencies to your linker: adpcored.lib adpcppfd.lib psapi.lib shlwapi.lib

Also try specifying /NODEFAULTLIB.

Please post back if you have further issues.

Mark,

When you click on My Dashboard and proceed to create a new application you will be assigned a unique GUID. Please let me know if this poses any problem.

>> On another note, My installer does not install links inside of "All Programs" on windows XP machines.
>> Everything works fine on Windows 7 but on XP it does not.
>> Is this going to cause a rejection? Since the app is for the netbooks I would assume they are all running windows 7

Are you using a Visual Studio Package and Deployment project? If so, there is a property to set for "Install for all users". Once set to true, this problem will be resolved and it will pass that validation criteria.

Project properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional dependencies -> add these libraries - psapi.lib shlwapi.lib

psapi.lib for GetModuleFileNameExW and shlwapi.lib for SHRegGetValueW

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today