Validation Failure - URGENT

Validation Failure - URGENT

Praveen's picture
Hi, Please find below the email we got it from the validation team. We are fixing the DIRECTX installation issue. Apart from that if you can specifically point the issues, it would great help for us to fix that in a short duration. ear Valued Member, This is to inform you that Street Cricket 1.0 has failed to meet Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program's validation criteria. Failure Reason: GEN01 - Misc. Issues Additional Comments: All dependencies/redistributables must be packaged with app and silently install. On Win XP, we were prompted for DirectX install. Also, error on launch even when connected to the internet: Failed to retrieve virtual store items from internet" Check the failure code against the Intel(R) Application/Component Suitability Guidelines and Validation Criteria document. This document lists the error codes and the associated tests that were run on your application. Additional comments provided may help narrow down the specific failure(s). Once you revise your code please resubmit it for validation. Best regards, Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program Team Regards, Praveen
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

You are correct that you need to include all required libraries in your MSI. I suggest you use Dependency Walker to have a look at your compiled code, as it will list the required DLL's.

What is your plan to handle the DirectX requirement? As you may know, the MSI must install silently to pass validation.

Praveen's picture

We are taking care of silent installation of DirectX, but as for the error that occurred when connect to the internet, I suggest to check the proxy settings. It runs good on IE and we just tested it again.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Praveen

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

There are times when websites are not available. In those cases I suggest a detailed error message, something like: "We cannot contact XXXX RESOURCE at this time. Please retry this operation. If you continue to see this message, check your internet connection and firewall settings."

A detailed message like the one above will suually satisfy validation and give users a good idea of what to do next.

Praveen's picture

We have implemented as per your suggestions and submitted back... Hope it pass thro the validation this time :)

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

I wish you luck. Some developers are bundling the entire 100MB +- installer for DirectX along with their entry. The testers seem to be catching up fast, so you should hear something soon.

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

please contact the Validation team directly at iadp-validation@intel.com when you have any further validation questions like these. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Login to leave a comment.