Urgent Issue for command-line options are incompatible

Urgent Issue for command-line options are incompatible

Hello, I have sample application in SDK i have tried the same, i have taken Lib folder and include folder in my app. then i need to change few property of project as sample project is in console and we have windows app then there are few changes in property. i am having issue in fixing those properties and getting error . " Command line error D8016 : '/RTC1' and '/clr:pure' command-line options are incompatible please consider my application is in windows based then what would be the property setting. can i have the list of project property list and settings ? Note:- " I am using VC++ 2008 Dot Net Framework 3.5 " Regards Vritti Solutions
9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

-The use of Run-time Error Checks('/RTC1') is not valid with /clr.change this compiler option.

Vritti,

Those two compiler options are not compatible.

An important note, XP SP3 does not come with .NET 3.5 (http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/net-framework/29273-net-3-5-not-part-xp-sp3-right.html)

Unless you absolutely need 3.5 I would suggest making do with .NET 2.0.

hi ,

As SDK instructions product should be in 3.5 framework ?

i am confuse ?

Vritti,

I was referring to your statement: "Note:- " I am using VC++ 2008 Dot Net Framework 3.5 ""

Your issue currently is the /clr compiler option.

Please let me know if you have any further issues. Don't forget to paste your compiler errors if so.

If we set

Basic runtime check = Both (/RTC1, equiv. to /RTCsu) with
Common launguage runtime supoort = /clr option in properties of application

we get the following error:

" Command line error D8016 : '/RTC1' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible cl "

We tried ecah combination of compiler options & application properties but none of them is working...

We are using vc++ 2008 3.5 framework SP3.

We are facing this problem from last week, Still we are looking for solution. waiting for positive response.

Regards

Vritti Solutions

Issue :
The compiler options & project properties which we are setting as per samples given in Intel SDK , those options are not compatible. And also the samples are given Are only the console applications, so we are not getting proper guidance for which settings te SDK will need for windows applications. Following are the situations where we are getting error:

If we set
Basic runtime check = Both (/RTC1, equiv. to /RTCsu) with
Common language runtime support = /clr option in properties of application

we get the following error:

Error Command line error D8016 : '/RTC1' and '/clr' command-line options are incompatible

We tried each combination of compiler options & application properties but none of them is working...

2. And if we set all properties to default, then application does not supports some of the Microsoft SDk's header files whose reference is needed for the application internally.

Those header files are objidl.h & oleIdl.h , which are located at :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include

3. Following are the project properties, whose all combinations we had tried according to Intel SDK Samples, but none of them working:

I. Project Properties->Configuration->General -> Common Language Runtime Support :
II. . Project Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Enable Minimal Rebuild
III. . Project Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Basic Runtime Checks
IV. Project Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Enable C++ Exception.
V. Project Properties->C/C++->Preprocessor->Preprocessor Definitions.

Regards
Vritti Solutions

Vritti,

Please have a look at this bug fix as it may be your answer:
http://gregs-blog.com/2007/12/31/how-to-fix-visual-studio-bug-rtc1-and-clr-options-are-incompatible/

Except:

"While, yes, it’s true that ‘/RTC1′ (basic runtime checking) with ‘/clr’ (.NET support) are incompatible options, the problem is there’s no place in the Visual Studio IDE to turn off ‘/RTC1′ once it’s set (not even from the command line editor). The Project Settings dialog just lists different modes of runtime checking without a “disable” option:"

1- rightclick on project-> C/C++ -> General -> Debug informtion format -> C7 Compatible
2- rightclick on project-> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
3- rightclick on project-> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Yes With SEH Exceptions (/EHa)

If the problem persist contact me again!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today