appup: developer accounts for free purchasing of applications?

appup: developer accounts for free purchasing of applications?

i run my own e-commerce solution on my website; and typically it is good to get an understanding of the user experience of how people purchase applications so you can offer good support and customer service. as others have mentioned in the forum; they are creating their own applications and buying them (hence, losing 30% to Intel). it would be good if the developer forum could be extended or at least a rebate code be offered to developers so they can buy their own applications so they can understand the purchase process. // Aaron Ardiri Mobile 1UP http://www.mobile1up.com/
18 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Great suggestion, especially for developers outside from US and Canada who can't be registered on AppUp

>> Great suggestion, especially for developers outside from US and Canada who can't be registered on AppUp

what does this mean exactly - that AppUp is only selling software to US/Canada at the moment? in the options when submitting your application it provides a number of countries (UK, et al); is the beta only limited to US/Canada at this point?

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP
http://www.mobile1up.com/

Maybe this is a beta limitations, but for now only two countries is aviable - US and Canada

Hi Aaron,

Yes, for the moment the Intel® AppUP(SM) is beta only and currently only users (consumers) from the US and Canada are able to login/register and use the AppStore. This is a current limitation.

Future builds of the Intel® AppUP(SM) will have support for other countries.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards,
DG Rooven

Thanks for providing this information Rooven but till than can't I just select as US or Canada and get registration for accessing app store?

Khan

Hi Khan,

Yes, if you have a valid US or Canada address and also a credit card that is registered in the US or Canada then you should generally be able to register and use the application.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards,
DG Rooven

I'd like to be able to beta test my own application but am unable to due to this restriction.

it will be great to have a chance to walk through application downloading and installation process

Hello,

Yes, good point.

I will check with the development team to see if there is a test beta client app for developers to test their applications without having those restrictions.

I will update you when I get more info on this.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Guys, I am especially looking forward to the next version of the AppUp installer (so we poor brits can beta test in the client), and having tried (and failed) to register an AppUp account I noticed the requirement of a credit card was compulsory. I am assuming you are going to make this an optional page in the final version of the registration process as many users will be younger kids who just want (and parents would allow) to browse the free applications. Having such an option will also allow us UK developers to skip the need for a valid US address and credit card. Just a thought!

The Game Creators (www.thegamecreators.com)

Great idea Aaron, if we logged into the store using our ATOM SDK login it could recognize us as being the developer.

Good thought!

And i think this is very critical to be put in, for to be able to offer developers outside of the US and Canada a chance to submit and test their apps!

Cheers,

Florian

Hello All,

the credit card check has been implemented to verify that the account data provided by the customer is correct. There are currently no plans to remove this stage of the registration process.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

In thinking about this requirement I must add this: It does keep "spammers" away from the App Store. It would be a nightmare to have to remove 100 bad ratings or find out the store was down due to malicious conduct. +1 to the thought of security behind that requirement.

But why developers from outside US, Canada should suffer by not getting the access to download their apps to test to avoid several validation failures......

Hello Praveen,

this is a current limitation of the Beta program. Once the tests with customers from North America are finished more countries will be able to join.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Praveen,

It sounds like things will get easier for international developers n the near future.

Please see this post: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/965#comment-1867

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today