Cached Icons and screenshots

Cached Icons and screenshots

Hal's picture
posted for Dmitry Rizshkov (moved from AppUp Community): I'm an developer of utility displayed in Appup. Two days ago i was upload a new icon and screenshot of the main window. Today my application was validated. I launch AppUp and see what old version of icon and screenshots is displayed for my ap. I try to clean up download cache, but it affects only app screenshot.
7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
DG Rooven (Intel)'s picture

Dmitry,

Thanks for the information.

I will inform the concerned team about this specific issue.
I will get back to you when I get a response from them.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards, DG Rooven

DG Rooven,

I am not able to upload the Application icon image. its a .png image which is 300x300 size. i tried varying it to different sizes and uploading. it dint work. i tried 100 x 100, 128 x128. but it dint happen.

Plz help.

BrianDevArch's picture

Dmitry,

Try renaming the images before uploading and see if that makes a difference. This has worked for me in the past when the Dashboard cached MSI uploads.

Dmitry Rizshkov's picture

New image uploaded successfully, it displayed in a Dashboard. But in AppUp i seen the old icon. I think it because new image is not copied to the location from AppUp download icons.

And i ask this question in AppUp community, because i think this question is related to client application (AppUp), but not to the developer program :)

DG Rooven (Intel)'s picture

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for your query.

Yes, actually your issues may be related to both the IADP and the AppUP(SM) Beta Client and it's more relevant in this forum.
Please can you let us know which application it is?

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team.

Regards, DG Rooven
Dmitry Rizshkov's picture

My app is Quick Config. As i write in the initial post - after clearing download cache of AppUp screenshot was updated (i think the reason because AppUp is not checks date of modification of screenshots from server, it just check - screenshot exists in the local cache or not, and if yes - display it from cache), but icon not affected. Old icon is still displayed in AppUp, but on the Dashboard i can see a new icon.

Login to leave a comment.