Beta testing apps

Beta testing apps

John Jones-Steele's picture
I have uploaded a new version of our app to try to find why it now fails, but I have tried to send mesages to myself and others to Beta test this, but no messages are getting through. Do I need to do anything else but invite people. John Jones-Steele
27 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
danny-stokes's picture

I have this same problem. I have uploaded an app, added beta testers who have never received emails and have launched the app store from numerous netbooks and logged in under all beta email accounts and have never seen an app show up. My app store just sits there and spins until it either times out or I close it down. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello,

there was a unexpected downtime of the backend system for a couple of hours yesterday.
The Intel® AppUp(SM) Center works fine now. You might have to resent the Beta Test invitations.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Still no emails. I have 2 beta-testers and they have never received either an invite to join or an invite to test.

Arrrgh

John Jones-Steele

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello John,

I have sent out Beta Test invitations to a couple different EMail addresses and they arrived with 2 seconds after I pressed the button.
So from our side everything works. Could be a Spam issue or something else outside of our environment ..

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Could you try sending a Beta invite to jjs@broadswordgames.com to see if that arrives with me?

Hal's picture

Hello John,

Invitation sent to jjs@broadswordgames.com. Please let me know if you receive this.

Best Regards

Hal G.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

No email received so far.

John

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello John,

I will get this checked, maybe there is something wrong with the EMail server. Thanks for your report !

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Hi Andre,

We are now getting the beta mails (hooray), but when one of the testers downloads to his XP machine, he gets "Flibbidy Jibs is not authorised to run" message. Any ideas what can be causing this?

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello,

sounds a bit strange. Your tester uses Windows XP SP3 ? Is the production GUID used in the program ? Does it work when using the Debug GUID with ATDS ? Another problem can be when the Tester has the SDK installed on the same machine as the AppUp Center.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Dmitry Rizshkov's picture

I have tried to start beta test for my application (My Little Artist) with no success. Twice i have tried to send invites to my own e-mail but no messages have been received.

DG Rooven (Intel)'s picture

Dmitry,

Thank you for the information.

I have also checked the beta testing feature and sent invites and it seems not to be working right now.
I have not received any email invitations or any messages I sent.
I will escalate it.
Thank you for your feedback.

Some things you might want to check in the meantime.
Please make sure the beta testers are using the Store version on which the application is intended for. For e.g if you invite somebody to beta test an app which run only on XP, but he/she is using the moblin or win7 version, then definitely this it not appear on the store.

I verified. For the moment, only the invitation email seems not to be working, but the application does appear under your pending downloads when the beta testers login to the AppUp(SM) Center.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Also i can't stop beta test, can't delete beta testers. Every time i click on the "remove tester" button or on the "End deta test" link it says - "An error has occurred please try again. If you continue to receive this error please contact support "

BrianDevArch's picture

Dmitry,

Have you tried clearing your cookies and logging in again to clear up the "An error has occurred..." problem? I have seen this a few times, especially when updates are made to this site and you have not logged out and back in.

DG Rooven (Intel)'s picture

Dmitry,

FYI: I have escalated the issue about the notification email sent to beta testers. It is under investigation and surely the backend team will identify the cause of the issue and fix it asap.

Concerning the issue about removing and ending the beta test, I have also tested this one, however it works fine for me. Please can you try again. Can you also try on a different browser. Try also the recommendations provided by Brian. I have tested it on IE8 and Firefox 3.6.3 and it worked fine, not such issue noticed.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Customer Support
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

New try gives same results - i can't remove beta testers and stop beta test. Tested with IE8

Deleted user's picture

Hello dmitry-rizshkov,

I have also tested on the following browser Google Chrome Version 4.1.249.1064(45376) with success. I was able to invite and remove testers without any problems.

Also good news, the email notification to beta testers are now working without a glitch.

Best Regards

Cemal C.

Intel Customer Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Beta Center

BrianDevArch's picture

John,

When you upload a binary using the App Submission process, you should see a field to add a consumer ID on the Submit page. This allows you to add your own consumer ID to beta test the application, or invite other people to beta test for you. After performing that step, you should be able to download, install and run the app to test it.

Hi Brian,

I must be dull with this, but I've uploaded the app, put my email address into the invite field, clicked on the invite button, never received an email, my email adress comes up as being part of the Beta, but how do I then download the app?

John

BrianDevArch's picture

John,

Simply log into the App Store (AppUpp) using the consumer ID you specified. You should see the submitted application once logged in.

Download: http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/appup.htm

Just tried it, and I'm downloading the beta now. I could have sworn I tried it yesterday and it didn't work:-)

BrianDevArch's picture

Given that this is all still a Beta, there are inconsistencies observed from time to time. The Beta Test feature is actually an amazing option, a good implementation that allows us to test our installers without using up the validation teams time.

Khan's picture

Thats a real good feature but not helpful to non-US developers because the consumer ID should be US Based as the registration/download capability is open for only US.

Hope other countries will also have access to this feature soon.

Thanks.

Khan

The advice is to pretend you have a US address and cancel out when asked for credit card details. Works fine.

John

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello All,

John is right, just check this which is the same info:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/978#comment-1871

Best Regards,

Andre B.

BrianDevArch's picture

I used a fresh windows 7 image with IE8 and it worked ok this evening. Is it working for you now Dmitry?

Login to leave a comment.