ERROR !

ERROR !

Praveen's picture
Hi, When I do the beta test, I am encountering the below error message. Please help me to know more about this errot. Error: OOps! Somethig Wierd happened and we couldn't complete your request.Please try again If you continue to get error,please contact support. Praveen
36 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Praveen's picture

@ Brian

I feel that the problem is not because of incorrect MSI download or broken download. The download itself happens fine because you can see that the App was installed properly and executes fine.

So this does not seem to be due to caching of upload I feel.

The problem is due to a error message just at the end of install. Does this cause any issue or Is this a false alarm?

I don't see how the suggestions expressed (Using Diff MSI Filename, Kill Service Manager ) would help.

Praveen

Hal's picture

Hello Praveen,
I do not believe the “OOPs” errors are causing any issues. Please review the suggestions here on OOPs errors. Also, it is recommended to not have the client on the same system that the SDK is installed on.
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/920
I am adding the subsequent Code analyzer for C errors here for other’s comments:
1. Authorization status for
2. 83F3F115B44B494CA225BEED6168114C
3. Caught exception in application:
Please review this article: appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures and make sure your shortcuts are defined properly and path to resources are defined properly. Also verify you are using the production GUID in your apps. These are the most common failures for install and launch issues.
Regards,
Hal G.
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

BrianDevArch's picture

To add another resource to Hal's suggestion: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/916

Praveen's picture

@ Hal,

As requested by you, they will invite you to conduct beta testing.
On Oops issue, can that be fixed at the earliest since few of the app are waiting to resubmit.

On Code analyzer for C errors, if some can share their comments it would be of great help.

Regards,
Praveen

Praveen's picture

@ Hal,

Looks like your yajoo id has not been registerd for AppUp... I have replied to your mail.. Pls register and confirm me back at the earliest.

Hal's picture

Hello Praveen,

Yahoo account is registered now. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Hal G.

Praveen's picture

@ Andre & Hal,

Please share the feedback and next action for the cases I have shared. Pls do the needful at the earliest.

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

as we communicate by EMail directly there is no need to post in this thread anymore. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Praveen's picture

@ Hal,

Developer has fixed the oops error and found no errors listed in Orca. We did a Beta testing; App got downloaded, initialized also. Once you launch either from AppUp or from the desktop, I found 3 errors on after the other after clicking Ok button. I have listed the error details below. It would be of great help if validation team help this in fixing this error.

Authorization status for
83F3F115B44B494CA225BEED6168114C
Caught exception in application:

Cheers
Praveen

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

without the full error message and preferable the relevant source code its hard to say what the problem might be.
Also please be aware that the Validation Team will not fix code for developers.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Praveen's picture

@ Brain,

Any idea why this errors are getting popped up. Plz help the developer is resolving the issue

Authorization status for
83F3F115B44B494CA225BEED6168114C
Caught exception in application:

Regards,
praveen

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

A few things to check:

1.) Ensure that the SDK is not installed along with AppUp. These two have conflicts at times when installed onto the same machine
2.) Disable any application protection applications (like zone alarm).
What OS are you attempting to run your application on? Does it have the latest service packs?

Please post your authorization code (code related to calling ATOM API) so I can give you feedback on the potential causes for your error.

Praveen's picture

@ Brian, Please find my reply inline. Please help the developer in fixing the errors.

1) Ensure that the SDK is not installed along with AppUp. These two have conflicts at times when installed onto the same machine
Praveen : SDK and AppUp are not installed on the same system

2.) Disable any application protection applications (like zone alarm).

Praveen: As it is a commercial software running in Systems and we do not restrict anything.

3. What OS are you attempting to run your application on? Does it have the latest service packs?
Praveen : OS is Windows XP with latest servicepack3

Please post your authorization code (code related to calling ATOM API) so I can give you feedback on the potential causes for your error.

Praveen: Find below the codes.....

BOOL CCAnalyzerApp::InitInstance()
{
TestApplication *pApp = NULL;
try {
pApp = new TestApplication(5);
pApp->BeginEvent();
} catch (AdpException& e) {
AfxMessageBox( "Caught exception ADP: ") ;
AfxMessageBox((CString)e.what() );
exit(0);
}
if(pApp)
{
pApp->PrintAuthorizationStatus();
try {
pApp->EndEvent();
} catch (AdpException& e) {
AfxMessageBox("Caught exception in application: " );
exit(0);
}
delete pApp;
}
// Cause a caught crash
if (pApp == NULL) {
pApp->CaughtCrash();
delete pApp;
exit(0);
}

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

Looking at your code it may be that your application is simply failing authentication due to an incorrect GUID. I have further questions:

• Are you using ADP_DEBUG_APPLICATIONID or your assigned GUID?
  • What is the value of AdpException& e when the exception occurs? * You will need to attach the debugger to the running process

Dear Sir,
Assigned GUID is used.

We are not able to understand your next question.
We form the MSI in Runtime mode only and not in debug mode.
Is there any value for the ADP exception. Could you pl help in this.

Regards,
Pedar.

BrianDevArch's picture

You want to find out what the value of AdpException& e is when the exception occurs. Specifically the Code property. You will need to build you app with debug symbols, upload and beta test that version. You simply attach the debugger to your application process.

Alternatively, you can display a message box with the value so attaching the debugger will not be necessary.

Praveen's picture

Hi Brian,

We are unable to attach the screenshot captured from the Orca tool. If possible please share your email id.....

Regads,Praveen

Praveen's picture

Hi Brian,

Find below the feedback from Pedar,

There is no Exception number coming on its own by the program The screen containing Exception regarding Application is coming from the
Intel portion f the code.

Do you need a debug version of MSi file. In that case do you want us to put the GUID or DebugID.

If can clarify this we can build an MSI in debug mode and put it for Betatest. But Intel says we need to put only runtime version (GUID)to be build. Clarrify.

Regards,Praveen

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

You can use picture services like ImageShack or Postimage.org to upload pictures and share the link here.

In order to run the Beta Test you need to use the production GUID as shown in "My Dashboard" for your application.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

Build the Application in Debug mode, however use the assigned GUID (Not Debug GUID). Then upload to the dashboard and start another beta test. Next download this new version, start and attach your debugger. This should allow you to determine where the code is throwing the exception from.

* Remember not to have AppUp installed on the same machine as the SDK.

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello All,

also please be aware that when you upload a new MSI there is a processing time of 30 minutes until the file will be "ready" for Beta Testing.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Praveen's picture

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

Find below the feedback from Pedar, Please reply to the below at the earliest and do the needful.

There is no Exception number coming on its own by the program The screen containing Exception regarding Application is coming from the
Intel portion f the code.

Do you need a debug version of MSi file. In that case do you want us to put the GUID or DebugID.

If can clarify this we can build an MSI in debug mode and put it for Betatest. But Intel says we need to put only runtime version (GUID)to be build. Clarrify.

Regards,Praveen

Praveen's picture

Hi Brian,

Please find below the screenshots of Orca for the Product Source Code Analysys for C. The error messages was posted earlier but for your ref i have copied again below,. Pease help the developer in fixing the below errors.
a. Authorization status for
b. 83F3F115B44B494CA225BEED6168114C
c. Caught exception in application:

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKLZii
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKM0Nr
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKM3hA
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKM5MJ

Regards,
Praveen

BrianDevArch's picture

Praveen,

Please let me try to clear up the confusion in this situation:

1.) The exception message you show matches your code that displays an error window on exception. The only way to find out if this is coming from your application is to get a debugger attached to your process. Please build your app in DEBUG mode, using the same GUID you use to generate the error message. Place your break points as appropriate and verify that it is or is not coming from your code. If it is coming form your code, the e.Code value will indicate what the problem is.

2.) The "Oops" error you see when beta testing is most likely related to an exception thrown by your application when it cannot find a particular resource. This has happened to many developers due to the startup path being different than expected, and consequently a resource not being found. More on how to resolve that here:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

the backend servers are upgraded in the moment which can lead into problems with the AppUp Client. Please test again from time to time. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

BrianDevArch's picture

That is part of this opportunity being a Beta. In the meantime you could setup a virtual test environment, ensuring each test is made on a "clean" install of Windows.

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/24/how-setup-virtual-test-environment-using-vmware-player-free-solution

Praveen's picture

Thanks Brian, let me try the steps you have suggested.

Praveen's picture

@Andre, Is this a known Issue? When will this be fixed?

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

it's not a known issue, just try again please.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Praveen's picture

Status has not changed :(

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

thanks for your feedback.

Please submit a support ticket here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contact
Include this: Name of your application, name of your Beta Test account, Screenshots and which OS+SP you test on.

As we have no other reports like yours this seems to be an individual issue.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

BrianDevArch's picture

>> OOps! Somethig Wierd happened

Praveen,

One thing you may try, is uploading using a different MSI filename. This will minimize the chances of your upload being cached. Additionally, close AppUpp, and kill the "Service Manager" process that it uses, then start AppUp again and try your beta.

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello All,

this issue is now under investigation. Praveen, please continue to submit your report as described above as we need more reports. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Praveen's picture

Hi Andre,

Mail has been sent to Validation team as per your suggestion. This issues are happening not just on my machine but also on several other systems and other user login (Win XP SP3)so, I think the problem is not with the account/user. I have checked with other Developers/Companies and found it is happening with other too.

Please take this on high priority and help us.

Cheers
Praveen

Andre (Intel)'s picture

Hello Praveen,

thanks for your update. I will contact you by EMail once I have some news. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Login to leave a comment.