Suggestion: AppUp Center URL's for promotional use

Suggestion: AppUp Center URL's for promotional use

Hey, Now, I realize the majority of App discovery will be entirely inside the AppUp Center itself; But I'm doing some PR for my game+company, and just noticed I have no way of referencing my game in the AppUp Center directly. Sure, there's a URL for the development community side, but not the end user side. I imagine that might already be on your roadmap, but hey, I thought I'd bring it up since I *just* had a need for it. ;) Thanks, Mike Kasprzak Sykhroincs Entertainment www.sykhronics.com
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Mike,

customers need to register an account prior to use the AppUp Center so a direct link would not help.
Once they have an account they find your software quickly using the name of your app.

Besides this there are some discussion for a website based AppUp Center and general enhancements of the current AppUp Center with future releases.
But its too early to say if direct links will be implemented. I'll add your request to the community wishlist. Thanks !

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Right, that's pretty much what I'm suggesting. You still require an account and the client to do anything, but a web presence you can view the screenshots and description, with various encouragement to download the client mixed in. After all, the client is available standalone. That way the contents of the store can be both indexed by search engines and can be given to someone as a url.

Something along the lines of iTunes preview would be perfect: users can see info about an app without having to download iTunes, and they're prompted to download iTunes if they want to try the app. This would let AppUp developers promote their app while also encouraging users to download the AppUp Center.

Another thing you could "borrow" from iTunes is the "View on the iTunes App Store" button that developers can place on their website. This button is a link that launches iTunes on the users computer and loads up a particular app within iTunes. It would be really helpful if we could have similar functionality for the AppUp Center.

Hello,

thanks for your feedback !

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today