"look for an email from iADP-validation@intel.com"... ?

"look for an email from iADP-validation@intel.com"... ?

Hi, we recently submitted a free "lite" (demo) version of one of our games that is already live on the store and recieved the following in our failure report: "The following functionality issues were reported during testing: The application supports French German Italian and Spanish in addition to English. Please look for an email from iADP-validation@intel.com that includes screenshots of the error message received. Please also see the article on beta testing: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing and beta test your application using AppUp prior to resubmission. Thank you!" The full version of the game also supports the languages listed and passed correctly and we've not yet recieved anything from iADP-validation@intel.com. Does anyone know what this failure might be in relation to and how we can resolve it? Also, is it just me, or is there no way of searching these forums? :( thanks!
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Neil,

I will check into this.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Hi Neil,

We have submitted a feature request for additional language support to the development team.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Hal,

Realizing we are still in Beta and the roadmap for AppUp is a moving target, does it sound like alternate languages might be a possibility? In terms of educational AppUp solutions, apps for learning another language may fall under this requirement. Thanks.

Brian,

Indeed this might be possible on our IADP program. We have submitted this as a feature request for the future. If we have any official information on when this will happen we will definitely communicate the information to developers.

Regards
Rooven

Intel Technical Support
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

Regards, DG Rooven

Thank you Rooven.

Hi, we just modified our validation requirement (in the last few days). While we continue to validate only in English, apps showing content other than English will be allowed. Please re-submit if you have any such app that was previously rejected.
thanks

--vincent

If you have not received such email, I suggest to send an email to iADP-validation@intel.com, specifying your product GUID, and requesting information about the error message.

[cite]Also, is it just me, or is there no way of searching these forums? :([/cite]
I can see a 'Search' field and button at top-right corner of this page, under the Intel logo. Using IE8 here.

www.mpl3d.com

Neil,

Please reply to the validators message, letting them know that you have not received an email from them. You may also want to check your spam filter and modify its configuration as appropriate to allow all Intel emails through.

More specifically, your application failed validation because it supports more languages than just English. Per the current Validation Guidelines, all submitted applications must support English only. Please see section 5.7 (General or Miscellaneous Issues - GEN) in the link below:

Excerpt: "Application does not include capabilities to select languages other than English"

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/validation-guidelines

MP3LD:

From the top navigation on this website you may enter search criteria and click "Search". Alternatively you may use this link:
* Both options search the forums, blog, articles, etc

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/search/apachesolr_search?keys=

will do :)

Can i ask what the reasoning is behind not allowing additional languages to be supported? We can easily turn them off, but seeing as the functionality is already there in the full version of our apps that already got approved it seems a bit silly to do so - Is there an roadmap to when other languages will be supported?

We'll make sure all future apps have the languages turned off..

Oh and yeah, the search box does seem to search the forums, i was just searching for things that weren't already on the forum :P my bad.

Neil,

That sounds like a good question for the ATOM SDK team, they should reply here shortly.

My advice would be to make the additional language hiding a simple config rather than stripping it out completepy. Reason being; The ATOM SDK is still a beta and many more fantastic features will be added as development progresses. Intel has done a great job of listening to our feedback and implementing the suggestions as they make sense.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today