online dependency of an app ?

online dependency of an app ?

ColinLawsonintel's picture
Hello everyone, I have a query concerning the basic rules of apps within the store. Is it possible to have an app available within the store that depends on a series of questions which are referenced everyday ? I know this is unclear, basically the app asks a few questions; your name?, your place of birth?, email? and then it generates a profile everyday about your life. I guess in a kind of horoscope type way! It would not work offline it is dependent on an internet connection. I want to say to my developer that this is no problem however if I could get a definite answer to this I would feel happier Perhaps this is a silly question, I just have not seen any precedent of this. Thank you, Colin
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Hal's picture

Hello Colin,

This should not be a problem as long as it follows the guidelines for personal data collection. Please see sections 2.6 and 5.1 here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/validation-guidelines

You may want to look at some of the Health applications which seem to do a similar thing.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) Center

BrianDevArch's picture

Colin,

Just a bit more on this subject. Be sure to clean up any unneeded files during the uninstall process. You may choose to leave user generated files behind (created data files), however anything beyond that should be removed.

Login to leave a comment.