Unable to compile when used along side another SDK

Unable to compile when used along side another SDK

Hi, I already have an application that has been made and completed using another SDK. However, I have been asked to integrate the ADP SDK into the app so that it can be redistributed via the intel app store. I've been told that all I need to do is call ADP_Initialize() then ADP_IsAutorized(), before calling ADP_Close(). However, when I try to compile the application I get a number of Linker Errors along the lines of: 1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR90.dll) : error LNK2005: _mbstowcs_s already defined in libcmt.lib(mbstowcs.obj) I have tried linking to the C Runtime libraries both Statically and Dynamically in my application, as is suggested in one of the FAQs I have seen on this site, however that doesn't seem to make any difference and I still get the linker errors (75 in total). The other SDK that I have used to make the application is the Playground SDK from Playfirst. I was wondering if anyone has successfully integrated these two SDKs or if there are some suggestions that I could try. Many thanks for any help you can give me, Jason.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Jason,

You will need to set the compiler setting to ignore all default libraries, then include the libraries you need (CRT, AppUp, etc.). Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Brian,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Thanks, this helped a lot. I had some problems still but they were mostly fixed by changing the order in which I listed the libs that needed to be included. However, I do still get a few link errors:

1>adpcored.lib(ADPXmlProcess.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall _com_issue_error(long)" (?_com_issue_error@@YGXJ@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall _bstr_t::_bstr_t(char const *)" (??0_bstr_t@@QAE@PBD@Z)

1>adpcored.lib(ADPXmlProcess.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "wchar_t * __stdcall _com_util::ConvertStringToBSTR(char const *)" (?ConvertStringToBSTR@_com_util@@YGPA_WPBD@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall _bstr_t::Data_t::Data_t(char const *)" (??0Data_t@_bstr_t@@QAE@PBD@Z)

1>adpcored.lib(ADPXmlProcess.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall _com_issue_errorex(long,struct IUnknown *,struct _GUID const &)" (?_com_issue_errorex@@YGXJPAUIUnknown@@ABU_GUID@@@Z) referenced in function "public: class _bstr_t __thiscall MSXML2::IXMLDOMNode::Gettext(void)" (?Gettext@IXMLDOMNode@MSXML2@@QAE?AV_bstr_t@@XZ)

1>adpcored.lib(XMLString.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _stricmp referenced in function "public: static int __cdecl xercesc_3_0::XMLString::compareIString(char const * const,char const * const)" (?compareIString@XMLString@xercesc_3_0@@SAHQBD0@Z)

1>adpcored.lib(XMLString.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strnicmp referenced in function "public: static int __cdecl xercesc_3_0::XMLString::compareNIString(char const * const,char const * const,unsigned long)" (?compareNIString@XMLString@xercesc_3_0@@SAHQBD0K@Z)

I have made sure that all the paths to the libraries are correct but I can't seem to get rid of these errors. I was wondering if you have any idea what might be causing them.

Many thanks,
Jason.

Bursur,

In this case a simpler route may be to simply ignore the offending libraries. Please disable "Ignore default libraries" and add "libcmt.lib" to the list of specific libraries to ignore. You may need to add additional libraries to ignore pending your linker results. Please feel free to reply if you have any additional difficulty.

Login to leave a comment.