Playing wmv movies

Playing wmv movies

mark-saito's picture
In days of old (VB6) one could drop a Windows Media Player control on a form; size it and locate it and hand it a .wmv to play. Recently, when I placed a WMP control on a dot net form what I get is the movie plays - but in a new window that fills the screen. There seems to be a scarcity of documentation from Microsoft about whether I should be using a different control OR what can be done to override the WMP's default behavior
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Dmitry Rizshkov's picture

How about this example C# Movie Player

mark-saito's picture

At the moment it is proving to be quite a struggle to use the same control for XP and Win7, never mind MeeGo. It seemed like the simple functionality to simply play a .wmv or other video file (1) could not be that hard to implement (2) must have already been done by someone else (3) was generally worth doing. In my ANTILO application the intended audience is special needs children - a typical example would be a school age child with autism.
Clips from favorite movies are a very powerful reward to reinforce desired behaviors. It is also a lot easier to show a video than it is to have a netbook dispense an oatmeal cookie. I'll try the techniques in the article and post results.

Login to leave a comment.