Application always displayed in fullscreen mode

Application always displayed in fullscreen mode

Hello, when testing my application on the ExoPC with MeeGo, it is always displayed in fullscreen mode whatever setting or window flag I use. Even a message box (displayed e. g. with "QMessageBox::information") shows up as a fullscren windows which does not look really good. Is it possible to display the application windows NOT in fullscreen mode, but just with the size they are defined? Best regards and thanks for tips Andreas
14 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Vincent,

Sorry for taking this long. I have confirmed that Qt C++ UI widgets are going to be launched full screen.

OK, I see.

Although I still don't understand why this behavior can't be changed programmatically, anyway:
then I have to change my UI so it looks better in full screen mode.

However, there may UI widgets in QML, such as ModalMessageBox, where it won't be fullscreen mode.

If you are interested in using QML, such as Meego UX components (http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_UX_Components), I am happy to try out and give you an code example. It is very simple to communicate between C++ and QML.

Yes, please let me know how I can show a simple message box directly from within a function of my C++ code.

As I wrote before I'm currently using
QMessageBox::information
which results in a small message box displayed full screen and this really look terrible!

Best regards
Andreas

Hello,

just wanted to add that this
As I wrote before I'm currently using
which results in a small message box displayed full screen and this really look terrible!
has been changed with MeeGo version 1.2 (tested the tablet version).

Now a QMessageBox and also a QDialog is no longer forced to be fullscreen - just the QMainWindow. That's OK now.

Best regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas:

I tried to setWindowFlags() and use the minimize_hint flag but did not work for me.
QWidget::resize(int, int) works though. Can you see if resize() works for you?

thanks

--Vincent

Hello Vincent,

great to see that you're working on my questions. ;-)

I'll test that now and let you know the results.

Best regards
Andreas

Hello Vincent,

no, nothing changed for me when using the function "resize()".

My main method now looks like this:
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
QApplication a(argc, argv);

MainWindow w;
w.resize(672, 598);
w.show();

return a.exec();
}

But still the windows is displayed full screen.

Best regards
Andreas

P. S.: there seems to be a bug in this forum, because the code above does not look very good, although I've used the "code" tag.

Andreas:

Can you tell me which platform you are using to run your app?

resize() triggers an event and maybe there is a bug somewhere the event is not processed.

I just start a new app like yours and did this:

QMainWindow w;
w.setGeometry(85, 86, 85, 89);
w.show();

Please give this a try and let me know.

--vincent

Andreas:

When I asked "which platform" in my previous post, I was not being clear.

Can you go to "terminal" in your ExoPC, type: cat /etc/meego-release
and tell me what's the content?

And do try the setGeometry() code I put in the previous reply and let me know.

--vincent

Hello Vincent,

thank you very much for your support!

Unfortunately also the "setGeometry()" function did not change anything: still fullscreen.

The result of "cat /etc/meego-release" was following:
MeeGo release 1.1.90 (MeeGo)
BUILD: meego-tablet-ia32-pinetrail-1.1.90.2.20110209.4

Best regards
Andreas

I think this is a standard tablet UI behavior. I never sow not full-screened apps on tablets or handsets.

Yes, I just confirmed that this is a standard UI tablet behavior. screen sizing works on netbook UI only.
I will look into it some more.

Yes, I just confirmed that this is a standard UI tablet behavior. screen sizing works on netbook UI only.
I will look into it some more.

Hello Vincent,

but there seem to be at least some dialogs in the MeeGo system itself that are not displayed fullscreen.

And what sense does it make, that e. g. a simple message box displayed with
is displayed in fullscreen as it is done currently? That looks really terrible...

Best regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas:

Sorry for taking this long. I have confirmed that Qt C++ UI widgets are going to be launched full screen.
However, there may UI widgets in QML, such as ModalMessageBox, where it won't be fullscreen mode.

If you are interested in using QML, such as Meego UX components (http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_UX_Components), I am happy to try out and give you an code example. It is very simple to communicate between C++ and QML.

--vincent

Login to leave a comment.