Any word yet on .Net 4 support

Any word yet on .Net 4 support

Wieser Software Ltd's picture
I have an application that's ready to go. However, it's WPF targets .NET 4.0 I rebuilt for 3.5, but that introduces many problems for me. * Other distribution methods might have a 250 MB download instead of the ~30 MB download for .NET 4.0 However, the real problem is that may app looks really blurry under .NET 3.5, as did most WPF apps. As a result, I can't bring myself to release it. I currently have an EXE installer that checks for prerequisites, and conditionally downloads and installs the framework. Are there any options for a similar strategy here? Chaining an exe/msi to install silently isn't really a very good idea as has been suggested elsewhere. I'd really like to get going here, but if this isn't going to happen, rather than spend the effort targetting an old platform, I may as well just cancel my membership.
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Andreas Breitschopp's picture

Hello,

if you use Visual Studio itself to generate the MSI installer and add .NET 4.0 as pre-requirement (probably is does that itself), the setup should check automatically if .NET 4.0 is installed already.

Doesn't that work for you?

Best regards
Andreas

Yes, that will check that .NET is installed, but the submission requirements explicitly state that .NET 4 is not allowed.

In addition, the MSI itself does not install the framework, only warn you that it is not installed. I think you need to run the bootstrap exe to get that functionality, and AppUp uses only msi files.

Any news on this yet? Is .NET 4.0 supported yet?

Hal G (Intel)'s picture

Hello,

I will check into this.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Hal G (Intel)'s picture

Hello,

.NET 4 is not currently installed by client and there is no ETA to add this.

If your app requires .NET 4 then it should check for .NET 4 during launch. If it is needed, you should let the end user know and provide a link to download it.

An alternate might be to try to pre-install .NET 4 with your app. Please see
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/2792

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Login to leave a comment.