Methodology to simplify AppUp development to reach non-developers

Methodology to simplify AppUp development to reach non-developers

Hello, The AppUp development innovation mentions the applications as bringing new ideas to the table. How about a methodology, when it applies to the software development in general and helps developers (or even non-developers) time-to-market through AppUp? Which channel would be proper to promote such a methodology? Br, Kalle Launiala CTO of Citrus Solutions Oy CEO/CTO of ProtonIT Oy
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello Kalle,

If you would like to send us an email I will forward it on to the team that could evaluate your methodology. You can email us here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contact

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

You are also welcome to participate in our forums and discuss your ideas with our developer community as long as you are not marketing to them. We also can consider thought leadership on our blogs. If you have a blog post you'd like to post about an approach or method for time to market I am willing to review it and consider it for our site

Bob Duffy
Community Manager
Intel AppUp developer program

Hello Hal,

Thank you for the extremely swift reply.

Our methodology is totally open by nature and based on industry standards and mainstream existing tools. However I'd like to hear what platforms your teams have the main focus on?

While being platform agnostic, I've noticed that by human nature it seems to drift the focus away to see something demonstrated on unfamiliar platform.

We have concrete demonstrations including videos available for Microsoft .NET back-end (properly architectured back-end) with Android and Windows Phone clients. I know much of your focus is on MeeGo and we're in process of adding the support, but the methodology is very easy to demonstrate with existing material.

As being a methodology it can be used instantly by anyone doing MeeGo development for example, even though our demonstrations and examples do not cover MeeGo speficially.

On AppUp program of course this applies basically everywhere, being instantly usable with examples on .NET; Visual Studio has the best tooling support while other tools apply as well.

I understand that AppUp is aiming to promote any Atom processor usage, just want to avoid the "platform-lock" with the methodology prematurely. So if there is certain strong preference on the platform, I can see how soon we can work out demonstrations on that stack.

Kalle

Hi Bob,

This is completely open methodology that basically requires open-source publishing (open-source code-generation templates to abstract the design side-by-side with implementation).

So not much to "market", but of course requires proving by examples.

I'll gather up proper blogpost example on time-to-market improvements (including the maintainability and interchangeability of people in the project) for your review.

Our interests are simply focused on widening our own experience on the methodology.

Is there any particular focus that Intel considers most valuable on AppUp or general; we are going to demonstrate the methodology on OpenCL development for Intel's SDK as well, not sure if this relates how closely on Intel's side to AppUp.

Kalle

We have solid and clean example case for using the methodology on Microsoft's Office Add-Ins.

The end-developer do not have to understand any of the technological details of how to make the Add-In, but only logically understand the add-in architecture and what they aim to implement with it.

The methodology is fully open, it is by its very nature fully open-source and all the downloads are simply demonstrations that anyone can expand or rewrite themselves; all open-source free to use.

I could write the case around this to begin with.

The videos demonstrate that the end-developer experience (especially when using existing abstractions without having to create them as well) cannot logically become any simpler.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B3366B17004D5DB9

The Office Add-In as being .NET should fall into AppUp category based on my understanding, as well as the back-end examples on mobile clients (we're adding MeeGo as well in the demonstrations) on Microsoft's .NET stack.

Would you rather wait for us to finish the MeeGo demo as well, or do you think it's worth while to start simplifying AppUp development on these areas as well?

Kalle

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today