I have wasted a lot of time

I have wasted a lot of time

I have wasted a lot of time ; I have thousands of flash swf files for kids and I thought it is a nice platform to reach kids across world . But appup does not support flash files / swf files at all . i have used encapsulator . I used swf code to transform them into appup but no success by trying several options . The I have tried to use webcode to show them on appup . I am able to make msi here but you know what happens . MSI is installed in my computer when I have downloaded from encapsulator ; it runs well but does NOT show the swf files loaded on webpages . Additionally I submitted this msi which is running on my computer to appup centre for beta testing ; ALAS !!! Its doesnt get downloaded at all and shows error code 1108 . On th other hand there is NO support from the people who may guide the developers . I seriously feel wasting my valuable time on this for past 1 week. Sanjeev
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Sanjeev - I received your private message about this too just this morning. I apologize for the delay from this original forum question.

In any case, for the benefit of the rest of the community I'll respond here too.

PART 1: checking the plugins on the local system:

The main question is how are you checking if flash is installed on the system?

If on windows, google chrome doesn't apply because it has flash built in. Using firefox is a good way to check as firefox uses the NPAPI plugin version of flash.. which is the same plugin that the encapsulator wrapper will try to find.

I've updated the code in the blog post about using flash to include a debug helper function to dump the system's plugins:

function dumpPluginsOnSystem() {
var pListLen = navigator.plugins.length;
for(var pCurr=0; pCurr < pListLen; pCurr++) {
var currPName = navigator.plugins[pCurr].name;
//for debugging which plugins are installed on system
console.debug("found:" + currPName);
}
}

Note - on chrome and firefox you can also use "about:plugins" in the address bar to view plugins installed - but I think using the javascript code is a bit better just in case there is something going on in javascript land that is different from what "about:plugins" is reporting.

PART 2 error code 1108 :
I think this is related to the AppUp client software.. I've asked one of our support people to jump on this thread about that.

Hello Sanjeev,

Users who have uninstalled then re-installed the AppUp client may get error code 1108 when trying to purchase/download apps. In this instance, the user’s account has not been properly entitled to the machine. To resolve the issue update/change your profile information. This will force the user account and machine entitlement to be synchronized, resolving the issue.

Open Intel AppUp(SM) center
Click on your name (top center of window)
Sign in to your account
Update your phone number, either by adding dashes "-" or removing dashes.
Click Save
Close Intel AppUp center
Reboot your computer
Launch Intel AppUp center
Try accessing the app again.

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Hal

Its impossible .... I am unable to download this appup . I have checked the msi on my laptop and it runs very well . I add guid and then submit the appup on for beta test . it is uploaded and every think is OK ; but then I got to appup centre to download and test my appup ; the error is shown 1108 . Immediately ; I try to download some other FREE aoopup ; it gets downloaded and ready to launch .

Pls check its not the issue what you are thinking ; I have adopted your method also to re boot the computer etc .

Nothing works!! I am near to my completion stage but I cant download the appup . Kindly help Sir

Sanjeev

Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem (BUt its not an flash application, it is Qt application), I uploaded one app for beta testing, but its not at all getting downloaded rather it gives an error with code 1108.

I did all updating the profile name, save it , close the AppUp client, reboot computer, start AppUp client, download my app , but it ends with same big error with code "1108".

Any one from Intel, Please help on this regard.

Thanks in advance-
Kiran

Hello Kiran,

Please see http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/forums/i-cant-download-my-beta-test-apps-error-code-1108

and http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/forums/what-error-number-1108

Regards
Hal G.
Technical Support Team
Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today