I'm an independent developer

I'm an independent developer

Guys, I'm a program member and I'm new to the Intel AppUp Store. I've followed the instruction here:
    http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/how-do-i-get-code-signing-certificate-certifying-authority
to get a valid certificate file. After filling the form at codomo.com, they sent me an e-mail and requested for: A. Articles of Incorporation (with address) B. Government Issued Business License (with address) C. Copy of a recent company bank statement (you may blacken out the Account Number) D. Copy of a recent company phone bill E. Copy of a recent major utility bill of the company (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.) or current lease agreement for the company The problem is, I'm an independent developer, I don't own a company therefore I'm not able to send them any documents. What should I do now? Sorry I'm still new to the AppUp Store.
6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hello,

are you sure they want you to sent all of these documents?

Normally for an individual a recent phone or utility bill should be enough. They just want to check if you really live at the address you have entered into the form. Maybe additionally someone will call you at the phone number stated at your phone bill to check if that's your phone number.

If you have other questions regarding code signing, I've created a small FAQ on my blog:
- Digitally Sign Binary Files on Windows
- FAQ on Code Signing Certificates and Digital Signature

Best regards
Andreas

Add a note "applied for in my own personal name" , then you need to send docs as below:
(1)
One of your passport or ID or Drive license

(2)
Tow of
A. Copy of a recent phone bill of the certificate applicant.
B. Copy of a major utility bill (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.)
C. Copy of a bank statement of the certificate applicant.
(3)
Additionally we need a land line phone bill [latest] which contains the certificate applicant name and phone number for our call back purpose.

Thanks for replying.

This is the screen shot of the e-mail that I've received.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QLV9NK32sxQ/TpwfnAiYu0I/AAAAAAAAACw/jQwH-UJATIQ/s1600/Comodo.png

Is this the same one that you guys have received?

Hi Skyline:
It's same as mine, so you need note "applied for in my own personal name" in your reply.
And prepare docs like I said before.

Oh I see. I thought I had gone into the wrong procedure.

Thanks for the info Bill.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today