Complier bug (internal error) related to derived-type constructor with type-overloading

Complier bug (internal error) related to derived-type constructor with type-overloading

Hi,

I think I encountered a compiler error in  the new compiler version, that is ifort version 13.0.0.

I am trying to construct a derived-type using a typed-overloaded constructor function.

This constructor function has input optional argument of real kind

The compilation error seems to occur when the constructor is called using the minval or maxval function in the calling sequence.

I've noticed that the error disappear when the type definition and the call of  the constructor function all appear in the same module (alltype.f90).

The source (*.f90) files are provided to reproduce the error.

The alltype.f90 file contained both the content of the mutype.f90 and mysubtype.f90 and compile well.

Thanks for your help

AttachmentSize
Download alltype.f901.41 KB
Download mysubtype.f90675 bytes
Download mytype.f901.62 KB
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Thanks a lot for filing the issue. I will make sure it will be reported to compiler engineering

Filed to engineering as case DPD200236395. I will inform you here as soon as a compiler with a fix will be available.

A first investigation of engineering shows this very likley to be related to the "name overloading" of the type and the interface name. In case you select different names for them, the code compiles. This might be a simple workaround for you until a fix will be available

The problem is fixed by the latest compiler release available from registrationcenter.intel.com ( download package l_fcompxe_2013.2.146 ). I will mark this thread as closed

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today